• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a Book

CdnStar

I'm not so sure that this is the right place to post this, so I sure hope it is...

About a year ago, I read a book but for some odd reason I can neither remember the author nor the title...can someone help me?

It was about a girl, maybe sixteen or something who was working in Germany(?) aganist the Nazis during WWII. She had met one of the Nazis however, and, over time, became quite good friends with him. She found out that he didn't want to be on Hitler's side; he thought Hitler was wrong. The main character gets captured on a mission and is taken to the jails or whatever they kept her in. Hamule or something -- the Nazi who didn't want to be -- is there when she is taken in. He risks his own life in the middle of the night and she is released. They spend the night in some boat used by the opposing forces, and that is really all I can remember.

I think it had a girl on the cover, hands on the handlebars of a bicycle which was on her left side. The cover was an orange-ish colour.

If you know the title of this book, I would be so incredibly grateful if you could tell me. Thanks.

---------------------------------------

"We are not here to ask for a gift or a favour but for a right – not for mercy but for justice." - Nellie McClung

It sounds so familiar...I went through a stint of WWII history fiction stories back in high school and read loads of them. The cover stands out in my mind as well...something "...song" maybe?

Hopefully the title will jump out at me. If so, I'll forward it along.

I found it! It was very strange, I was just browsing in the bookstore when one title jumped out at me and my heart literally skipped a beat. I pulled it out. "When The War is Over" by Martha Attema it is called. Thanks anyway carpetfibers!

Back