• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a Novel

Hangfire

Hello all

I'm looking for the title of a book that I read many years ago. The premise of the story is this: a group of scientists have developed a way to shrink humans to ant size. In order to test the method they shrink themselves down and enter a small garden on the ground of the research institue, but they don't come back out. Afraid of injuring the scientist by poking around while still normal size it is decided to put together a crack team of military personnel to go in after them. The team is shrunk down and goes into the garden after the scientist. I would have read this book in the late '70s or early '80s, and if I remember correctly the copy I read was old already.

I have been searching and it may be Gordon Williams "The Micronauts", but I'm not sure. If anyone has read that book and knows the plot is similar to what I've outlined that would be great. I'm also pretty sure it's not Lindsay Gutteridge's "Cold War in a Country Garden". Thanks for any help.

Back