• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for a romance book

perigrine

I was trying to find this particular book the other day, and I couldn't find it on the shelf. I could have sworn it was a Lavyrle Spencer one, but after reading the back covers, I couldn't find it. :s

It had a woman, and her grown up daughter, who are starting a bed and breakfast type place. The woman meets a man (duh) and they get intimate. Because the woman is older, she thinks she is going through menopause and can't get pregnant..which of course she does, to her daughters dismay. (I recall the daughter stirring her mum about safe sex). The woman ends up having another daughter.

The man may have been a captain of a ship/boat and the woman may watch for him from a particular room of the house - the name escapes me and I may be mixing books up. I want to say widows walk..but don't quote me.

Any help identifying this would be great. I'd say it was a 90's era book, or perhaps 80's at a stretch. Definitely not 70's or late 2000's.

Back