• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a Scifi/Fantasy Author..

themaster

In or around 1996 I began reading a emerging author which I would like to say is the author "Julian May" or (looking at Julians work however is not a match) perhaps has May in it.. all I know is she was female she had written 4-5 books at the time all of which I've read

Book 1 (not part of a series) some of kind of Space War book (name is lost to me, still my mind has pictures of the cover ;) ) mainly a sci-fi type

The book was about a changeling on a distant future earth and he was a teacher and he was hiding from invaders/species that had control of the planet and many more.. he got detected in his teacher position after many years and they took him to some prison planet during the course he changed several times.. and finally he got his act together on some weird prison type planet and was sent on a mission to destroy the aliens.. which he did by changing into them and going to there master planet and killing there queen/leader thing (all I seem to remember is there was a weird cave to get there.. maybe it was for mating ;) )

Book 2 Another war type of book..

But much different it was about two soldiers talking mainly? (I have no idea, this may be the actual cover I'm talking about above)

The 3 book Series (this is more fantasy then sci-fi)

If I recall right the main hero was a Priest who was known to kill vampires or killer/demon type creatures on a planet that was not earth.. he was called on by his priesthood to destroy the main vampire that was kind of like Dracula, but he ended up allying with this Dracula character for more then 3 books.. (in the last one Dracula was destroyed I believe) 1 or 2 in which they took out a more powerful Dracula type character and honestly my memory seems to fade about here.. all I remember was there where 3 books the last one might have left the planet for all I remember.. the last one I read in 1996 maybe 1997 and it was just released at my local library..

I assume this author has continued on there work but I'm not sure..

themaster said:
The 3 book Series (this is more fantasy then sci-fi)

If I recall right the main hero was a Priest who was known to kill vampires or killer/demon type creatures on a planet that was not earth.. he was called on by his priesthood to destroy the main vampire that was kind of like Dracula, but he ended up allying with this Dracula character for more then 3 books.. (in the last one Dracula was destroyed I believe) 1 or 2 in which they took out a more powerful Dracula type character and honestly my memory seems to fade about here.. all I remember was there where 3 books the last one might have left the planet for all I remember.. the last one I read in 1996 maybe 1997 and it was just released at my local library..

I assume this author has continued on there work but I'm not sure..

This is Black Sun Rising by C. S. Friedman, book 1 of the Coldfire trilogy
aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0886775272.01._AA400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

All the books are by C.S. Friedman.

1. The Madness season
2. In conquest born
3. The coldfire triology

All good books.

Back