• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a SF book

Wabbit

Looking for a book :)

This book is set in the future where people live in individual colony domes. Each dome has it's own unique social philosophy and each dome is isolated from the others. The dome where the story is set is one where they have developed telepathy and each person is linked to each other.

There is a community outside the dome. One of these free outsiders is called Rowen and is in contact with one of the domes occupants who is a young girl who is being sent dreams by Rowen.

The book might be called webs and dreams.

Anybody know the author or the title?

Ah, don't know then. The only thing that I could drag up was a tv series a while ago, with an actor/actress called Rowen, but in space. The only other things I can think of with domes are based in space as well.

This sounds like a slightly scrambled description of Anne McCaffrey's The Rowan. It's the first book in her Tower and Hive series.

Rowan is a 3-yr-old who survives some sort of accident (mining, I think) and her telepathic screams are heard planet-wide by other talents. The story follows her as she grows and learns. She and her future partner for the basis of the family dynasty that is followed through the series.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/m/anne-mccaffrey/rowan.htm

Back