• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a title to two books, quick, quick

sarge

I am searching for two childhood favorites to share with my son. I don't know the name or the title.
1st: A boy is dared to go into an old abandoned house. Here he meets a man (breath smells like mowed grass) this man teaches him various mind powers. Telekineses, telepathy, even how to shrink in size.
2nd: A boy aquires magic potion that with a couple drops gives him wings. Eventually the potion is all used up.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, time is very important on this one.

Maybe quick quick is not the best choice. I simply meant to stress the importance of time in this matter. I will be overseas (hence, sarge), in less than a week. Sorry to take time away from your life. I would have liked to get off on the right foot. Did not think anyone would take offense to two little words like quick quick. Seeing how my men and I did not take offense to "18 month deployment".

I will keep looking if I have the chance. It will be nice to share with my children. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hey sarge - welcome to the forum and the best of luck for your deployment :) .

On the second book, I did a bit of a Google and came up with this one: Black and Blue Magic. Incidently, if this does turn out to be the book, check out the blog entry that led me to it here, as I thought it amusingly coincidental.

sarge said:
I am searching for two childhood favorites to share with my son. I don't know the name or the title.
1st: A boy is dared to go into an old abandoned house. Here he meets a man (breath smells like mowed grass) this man teaches him various mind powers. Telekineses, telepathy, even how to shrink in size.
2nd: A boy aquires magic potion that with a couple drops gives him wings. Eventually the potion is all used up.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, time is very important on this one.

Actually, I think my post was a bit over the top. I guess it was one of my 'off' days. I do apologise, Mr Sarge, and hope that people can help you out.

Thanks for the feedback and well wishes. So far twice overseas havent did me or my family in so I guess Uncle Sam wants to try for three. I think the 2nd title from kookamoor "black and blue" may be one of the titles I am looking for. Thanks to everyone who posted. I still hope to come up with the 1st title. Thanks to all and God bless.
Sarge

sarge said:
Thanks for the feedback and well wishes. So far twice overseas havent did me or my family in so I guess Uncle Sam wants to try for three. I think the 2nd title from kookamoor "black and blue" may be one of the titles I am looking for. Thanks to everyone who posted. I still hope to come up with the 1st title. Thanks to all and God bless.
Sarge
I looked for the first one, but the search terms you've given are a little too generic. If you think of anything more specific about the book feel free to add it and I may have more success. Miss Shelf (another member) is really good at this, but I think she's only around on weekdays. Hopefully she'll take a peek and have a bit more luck for you.

CDA said:
Actually, I think my post was a bit over the top. I guess it was one of my 'off' days. I do apologise, Mr Sarge, and hope that people can help you out.

I don't usually respond well to the snapping of fingers either, CDA, but this just proves to us that we can all be swayed by the kindness of a Kook.

And a man who wants to teach his son about

"various mind powers. Telekineses, telepathy, even how to shrink in size."

is my kinda guy!

:)

Checking in

Thanks to all for the black and blue title. Son and daughter loved it. Things here are same as last. Everyone is friendly to your face not your back. So far so good this time. Merry Christmas to all of you. God Bless.
Sarge

Glad you found it, sarge! and thanks for checking in and letting us know how it's going. Merry Christmas to you and keep your head down! :)

Don't know the books but, regarding the quick, quick statement, I would have got a little pissed by it too. I do, however, moderate a computer programming forum and we get a lot of people there putting URGENT in their thread titles. I usually remove the word from their posts but it implies they see people online as a resource who will drop everything they are doing to help the poster when, in reality, people on a forum are non-professionals who are giving of their own time if and when they want. There's no duty to respond.

I think it depends on the type of forum. In the two examples given (a Book and a Computer forum) such words are unnecessary but in some other forums they may be needed when time is of the essence.

Glad to hear you are ok Sarge :)

Back