• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for Atheist Handbook

blurricus

I'm looking for a good book discussing different atheist philosophy and non-theology. Any book would be okay, even a christian book discussing atheist philosophy or an atheist book discussing any other philosophy.

"Atheist philosophy"? That would be the philosophy of not believing in "God", what- or whoever that is? That sounds depressing: defining a way of thinking in terms of what you do NOT believe in.

Maybe I am being facetious. But I don't think Atheism makes all that much sense as a concept: I think it's the believers who should have to justify all the bizarre stuff they subscribe to, not those who think it IS bizarre stuff.

By all means, read Richard Dawkins. And Sartre (of course): Le Diable et le Bon Dieu (it's a classic - I am sure there is an English translation).

.I find myself looking for a new job (still employed you snarky ones). But I lost my Evil Atheist Conspiracy handbook, and can't recall what the secret code words are that we put on our resumes to secretly identify ourselves to potential employers who are also members. Can anyone help me out with that?

Back