• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for great authors of intelligent psychological thrillers.

asliter

kickbox
I need help finding some really great authors who take their writing seriously enough to allow the reader to learn as they read. I am interested in deep psychological thrillers that combine knowledge of abnormal psychology, respect of the super-natural or unknown ways of nature, and crime. Does anyone have any suggestions? Really good non-fiction books on the whys and wherefores of inhuman behavior are hard to find...at least authors who take into consideration as many valid explanations as apply to the situation.

What I have found so far that appeals to my metaphysical interests.

There are a few authors who really inspired me to keep on reading all they have written. I am enjoying John Connolly (Every Dead Thing, Bad Men), Daniel Hecht (The Babel Effect), Minette Walters, etc. I have read many older stories, but older authors lack the knowledge that science has brought to the field of psychology. I sometimes have to think of the mind as a machine that has gone haywire, and that people lack full responsibility for their actions...people who are controlled by other forces and are too weak to fight it. What these other forces are that take control of others as if they were puppets is the unknown and unsee-able.

Back