• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for Young Adult Novel

sel50uk

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to be perfectly honest my main reason for joining was to find the title of a book that I read years and years ago.

All I remember is that this weedy nerdy boy lived in some weird post-apocalyptic society where they all worshipped an alarm clock, a talking doll (you know with the pull string) and I want to say a shoe?. And then the kid finds some angel with a broken leg in the forest. I forget what happens next but somehow he ends up at some factory where these demon things harvest intelligent people and melt them into orange goo so that they can be clever too... or something.

Anyway at the time I was a bit too young to read it and really didn't know what the heck was going on, so I figured I'd give it another shot now, except I can't remember what it's called or who wrote it.

Oh! And the cover was Red and Black.

Thanks - Seluk

Back