• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lord Foul's Bane

Oberon said:
In the history of fantasy, Donaldson's Covenant series probably represents a revival in the salability, extending the reach of fantasy to new audiences. His anti-hero was the perfect counter to the larger-than-life heroes of Tolkien. Indeed, it's like a 60s guy is sent back to Middle Earth and told he's to help save the world. It's very well done, with as much attention to detail in world-building and to language as any other work of fantasy. It's an exploration of the meaning of heroism that is a trademark for everything he's since written. And no one handles the psychological dynamics of characters as grandly as he does. He dares to tell us that free will doesn't exist or at least that it has no meaning without a higher context that shapes decision-making.

I have to say that I agree with you 100%. I loved both trilogies and am looking forward to getting the next lot.

Back