• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lord of the Rings on Blu-Ray

-Carlos-

I just purchased the trilogy on blu-ray discs and get this, I have as yet not seen one single Lord of the Rings flick. Now I get to see them, for the very first time, on blu-ray. How cool is that?

Does it have the alternate ending in which Sauron gets the ring and all the major characters are destroyed?

Who? What? Wait! Don't spoil it for me. I wanted to start seeing the movies tonight...BUT...being from Miami, I have to see the Miami Heat play at Cleveland tonight. King James will be pelted with tomatoes by the fans. A blood bath I tell you, a blood bath. Now you can't expect me to miss that game can you?

On Black Friday, Lord of the Rings on Blu was going for $7.99. It sold out QUICKLY! So, I missed it. Boo.

I dunno, man. I saw all of 'em in the theatre and I thought that was pretty cool.

I am not getting the blu ray editions until it is the extended editions. I have them on DVD and love them. Every few months I devote a weekend to them. When I'm not working on the house that is.

I've seen the Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers extended, but not the Return of the King. Either way, the Blu-ray version should make the amazing battle scenes look detailed, vivid, and beautiful.

I agree 110% The first time I saw Fellowship in extended versin when I bought it I was like, WOW. I still haven't read them yet. Shame on me.

The first time I saw FOTR, TTT and ROTK, they were all the extended versions. I then saw the theatrical version of ROTK and couldn't cope with all of the scenes that were removed. The extended versions are canon IMO. I still haven't seen the theatrical versions of the first two films (and probably never will).

As far the the books go, you should enjoy the differences between book and film, particularly The Old Forest in FOTR and The Scouring of the Shire in ROTK. I really enjoy the appendices/timeline in ROTK as well that go into how the rest of the fellowship etc depart Middle-Earth.

Back