• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost Book

tesseryn

kickbox
Hey, all!

Not sure if anyone can help me with this one... about, hm, eight years or so ago I read this very interesting book that I can't seem to recall the title or author of.

In the book, a half-elf assassin, a psychopathic dwarf, and a neutral druid go on a quest to save the world from the good guys, who are on the verge of destroying it through good intentions. It used a D&D type structure, with alignments and standard races.

I picked it up out of the library for a weekend read, and haven't seen it anywhere else since. I now live in a different state and that library (alas) doesn't catalogue their paperbacks. I have a few clues, though.

1. The title or author had the word "Wolf" in it, or something similar to wolf. I think. Maybe it was cat. Okay, this is a bad clue.

2. The book was located within about eight feet of Zelazney's stuff in the library.

3. It seems to me that the title had a concept similar to "Strange Bedfellows" or somesuch.

I know that's not a whole lot of information to go on, but any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I've been looking for a copy for ages, and my SO is getting tired of my having to search M-Y at the used bookstore twice a week. <g>

Tess

Good suggestion, but I didn't see it on there.

I'm thinking it was probably written by a D&D fan but not about D&D, if that makes sense?

It was a little too gritty, and the quest the heroes were on was too world-encompassing to fit into a pre-existing world/with a pre-established storyline.

It did use a few conventions from first edition, though- true neutral druids and the assassin class, in particular. I don't remember a D&D stamp on the cover, though.

Tess

Nope, more serious in tone than Pratchett, and definitely darker- not White Wolf dark- just not straight out comical.

Did I mention that this was a tough one? <g>

Tess

Back