• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

LOST (The Show) and connections in books

Isabell

Does anyone watch the show and know of any possible connections in books that the writers use to write the storylines for the show.

I'm finding possibly Eco's - The Island of the Day Before to be a source and maybe Verne's - The Mysterious Island to one too....

Does anyone see any connections or possible storylines coming from books of this sort?

You are probably best getting a list of the books that have featured in the show. The glaring one, for me, is The Invention Of Morel by Adolfo Bioy Casares, about a convict who flees to an island which turns out to be occupied by some very strange people.

The official Lost website has a "Book Club" in the Features section, you'll find a book list by reference and/or episode and also a link to buy them.

I don't have the link, but just google Lost and you'll find it right away. The first result should be the official network (ABC) site for the series.

Back