• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lou Reed and Metallica

That didn't sound half as bad as I've imagined it could sound, but I'm not sure it sounds good either. I'm a huge Lou Reed fan, so I'll end up buying it regardless, but... really, how the hell did they come up with this idea?

LOU REED - Ecstasy (2000) - YouTube

Aaah. That's better.

but... really, how the hell did they come up with this idea?
I think the seed was sown when they played 2 of Reed's songs, with Reed, at that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert at Madison Square Garden a couple of years ago.

ai685.photobucket.com_albums_vv219_Metaltim_AugustBWBK_LOU.jpg

Oh hi music forum. I didn't see you hiding down here.

I felt the same way when I first heard Alison Krauss and Robert Plant would be collaborating. NO WAY that can work, right? Turned out pretty darned good though.

This one seems equally unlikely, but I will certainly give it a shot. There is no such thing as a bad form of music, only music done in bad form.

This sounds rather over the top.

Metallica's fans "are threatening to shoot me, and that's only because I showed up," he says. "They haven't even heard the record yet, and they're recommending various forms of torture and death.

Back