• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Loud Evolution - An Action Novel

Dear all,
my name is Goran Racic and I have recently wrote an action novel titled Loud Evolution.

awww.loudevolution.com_cover_image.jpg

Thomas Loud is an everyday person - he thinks he knows what is wrong with the world and how to fix it, but never does anything. He thinks he knows what is wrong with society and has a vague idea of who to blame, but leaves it all for tomorrow. He thinks he knows about a lot of things, but the truth is, he doesn't.
But one day, that all changes when a very, very stupid idea gets Thomas thrown amidst a shadowy organization that doesn't want to rule the world. Quite opposite, the organization wants to save it. And they will soon teach Thomas that sometimes good genes aren't in good people.
So, get ready to travel around the world, get involved with Columbian drug lords, weapons smuggling, lots of punching, and quite a bit of advanced technology.

While writing this novel I had some nice ideas about how to build a better world around it, and in the end use it for marketing. All that caught the attention of Mashable.com (60 millions unique visitors a month!) and they did a nice big juicy article on me and the book. So, if anybody wants to take a look.

That's about it - the book is out, it's priced reasonably 3,99 US dollars, on the official web page there is a big excerpt (more than five chapters), longer than the one on Amazon, wallpapers, and other things, so go nuts :)

Update: Loud Evolution is available in print directly from Amazon - priced 9.99 US dollars Amazon is currently giving 10 percent off so you pay 8.99.

Available on:
Amazon
Apple iBookstore

I've also made a trailer for the book, that is along the lines of blockbuster movies so I'm embedding it here:

Last edited:
I purchased it a few days ago and I'm half-way through the book now. Is this your first published book? I do enjoy the beginning and how
an aspiring terrorist attack becomes something entirely bigger.
I do enjoy the characters and some of the ones in the hidden underground made me chuckle. My lone criticism of the work is that it could've been "drawn out" more. You had excellent pages of description, you only needed more of them. Of course, a critic is a failed writer and I'm not even a writer, so take that for what its worth. Looking forward to the ending of this one, I hope to have it done tonight, though we are on vacation right now and I might become pre-occupied pretty quickly.

Oh, thank you very much for the constructive criticism! I have to say, I have almost forgot what it sounds like...

First of all, your spoiler tag is showing ;)

This is my first published novel, but I've been writing for the last 15 years like a maniac. I'm an IT journalist, and during the last decade I had trouble turning an assignment down, so, writing it was.

About "drawing-out"; I've thought about it, but I was sick and tired of reading action/thriller novels that go on forever. In the end I've done a compromise, if you will - I wrote Loud Evolution like this, but I'm working on two smaller novels, they will be free, that will expand the world of Thomas Loud.
And then, when I see how people are reacting, based on kind (or less kind) words, I'll decide what next. Maybe write some kind of a sequel, but longer, maybe do something else entirely (I have some ideas about novel that would follow dissolution of a state, since I've lived in Yugoslavia, a country that fell apart during a war little more than 20 years ago).

But again, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it very much.

I just finished it and I have to say that I loved the lost four chapters. The action was truly something else and I was definitely hooked. I love the "techno-thriller" books(a.k.a-Tom Clancy, Stephen Coonts, etc.) and the description of the weapons and tactical suit was pretty sweet, not to mention the molding adhesive "bandage." Did you consult Jane's fighting warships or something?

A good read-definitely keep us posted on your next scribblings. :)

Thank you very much! I was worried a bit about the action stuff, I didn't want it to be to long, or to boring, and I mostly can't stand the fights that span hours. So, I guess I could work a little bit more in next time.

The technical stuff, guns, technology, and everything else, most of that was pulled from real world technologies that are currently in development, or are in limited use (read quite a lot, and one there are great articles on modern/future technology in New Scientist).
I haven't consulted any kind of military encyclopedia because I have a secret ace up my sleeve; a good friend of mine is walking encyclopedia of military and history facts, so every time I had something I needed to check, I phoned him. The man is a real treasure.

Today I've finally managed to make my Minecraft map of Chicago Loop a free download. The map is sort of promotional tool for my novel since the map is of Chicago Loop, area in Chicago where Loud Evolution's story starts.
The map is in first stage, but anybody who plays Minecraft can download it and go wild.

I'm not sure if people know what Minecraft is, but it is sort of virtual Lego, and it is played by over 30 million people around the world. More on all that, I mean map, on Loud Evolution's official web.
http://www.loudevolution.com/news/chicago-loop-first-stage

My 9 year old just LOVES minecraft. For being a simple program, there are a lot of neat things a kid can do with that program. You definitely have a great idea to go along with the promotion of your book!

I'm currently coming back from vacation so I've been a little bit slow on the replying front, sorry about that.

Yeah, Minecraft is nice, especially for kids (but any other creative human can enjoy it, just like Legos); it's low on violence, high in creativity, and it also has some basics when it comes to programming (mostly logic that can be applied elsewhere). I'm very glad people behind the game saw fit to introduce offering servers for people who don't know how to do it - now a family, or group of friends, can have their own server, private and password protected, and enjoy building incredible things.

And in other news, I'm starting a short(ish) novel that will take the main character of Loud Evolution, Thomas Loud, on one more mission. The novel will be free and will be on Kindle and iBookstore. I have some idea where it's going, but I have to do a little bit more research before confirming it.

As announced before, I've stared writing a short novel. It will be free, and it will be sort of expansion on the Loud Evolution. Nobody will have to read Loud Evolution to understand what is happening, I don't want to force anybody to read something incomplete; not my idea of fun.

The story is set in Africa, in Uganda to be more geographically exact. I was planning to name the novel "Louder Than War", but I wondered why that sounded so familiar to me - a little bit of googling showed me why. So, it won't be "Louder Than War", I'll have to think of something else.

You got me curious-modenr day setting or back in the '60s? The post-colonial independence era is fascinating to study in that region.

Modern day. It is sort of expansion on Loud Evolution; Thomas Loud and Len Hewitt are still main protagonists, so I couldn't mess with a temporal time frame. (currently churning third chapter, I'm trying to make this an independent read from Loud Evolution, but have to be careful not to go into explaining a lot of things otherwise it tends to get boring and encyclopedic quite fast).
I agree that the whole history of the region is fascinating, but post-colonial anywhere is always fascinating - the sheer change has to produce incredible events. Unfortunately, often tragic.

I have an idea for a book, about disintegrating USSR, and about fictional little state that breaks from it. Sort of historical fiction; we here in the Balkans have experience with those things. When I was a kid, Yugoslavia broke down into smaller number of countries - of course, we had a nice war with all of that, USSR choose not to.

I'm writing before mentioned (free) short novel; currently on the third chapter, out of, most likely, five. I'm already late by my own schedule, but I think I'll be done with it next week. Then it will have to pass some test reading sessions, few fact check readings, proofreading, and with a little bit of luck, it'll be out at the end of September on Kindle and iBookstore.

While writing a free expansion novel (it will soon be out, but about that another time, another thread), I've redid Loud Evolution so I can publish it as a paper edition (paperback). Currently it is being reviewed on CreateSpace and in sometimes next week it'll be available through their e-store and Amazon. As soon as they give all clear and link it with ebook on Amazon, I'll let you know.

A few days ago Loud Evolution became available in print directly from Amazon! Of course, it's still on Kindle (and iBookstore), but now you can enjoy touching paper (or dead tree as it is known in some parts of the world).

It's available as paperback (7.8 x 5.1 inches) and is 248 pages long so it can be read in couple of, less than eventful, evenings. The price is set at 9.99 US dollars, but Amazon is offering 10 percent off, so you pay economy-friendly 8.99.

Loud Evolution, an action novel, is 75 percent off (ebook edition only)! Spend this holyday season in sunny Columbia fighting drug lords, surrounded by coolest gadgets the world has to offer. There will be adventure, there will be thrills, there will be action. And some sweet, sweet lovemaking...

As always, you can grab Loud Evolution on Kindle, iBookstore and as paperback on Amazon.

Loud Evolution is still 75 percent off - we've done holyday sale, now we're on holiday sale! Grab it while it's cheap. And hot!

Just a few more days until holiday sale is over. Loud Evolution is still 75 percent off on digital platforms (Kindle and iBookstore) - grab it while you can!

Back