• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

M/M YA High School / College - any suggestions?

BubbleBee

Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions about this whole section.
  • Warning! This post DOES contain spoilers to Something Like Summer by Jay Bell! If you haven't read it, proceed on your own risk!
Basically, I'm looking for a good gay romance book or series, which would be even better. I've read Something Like Summer by Jay Bell and... well, I didn't quite like it. I have a couple of points:
1) I don't like when someone dies.
2) I don't like books with bad / unhappy ending, and I consider this book as with one of those.
3) I don't like when authors skip years and be like "3 years later", "6 years later", "One eternity later" etc.

This is what I extremely disliked about this book. I guess, I just wasn't ready to read such a book, when people get older, much older, and I'm especially not into age difference stuff. I'm looking for something that happens in a limited period like high school years or college years, and high school is preferable, but not necessary.

But I also very enjoyed this book for, first of all, author's style of writing - how much details he puts in every scene, how he fully describes every moment. In addition, it was like a roller coaster of emotions, which is good (and I'm not talking about deaths, but scenes where guys fight, love, struggle etc.)

I have a couple books that I kind of put my eye on. They are:
1) Trust Me by Jeff Erno.
2) Tales of Foster High series by John Goode.
3) Kamikaze Boys by Jay Bell.

I kind of want to read the last one, but knowing this particular author, now I look at his books with a little suspicion. I'm afraid that he is going to skip years again, show them get older and all that.

So if you have any reviews on the books above or you have something else to suggest - please do so!

Back