• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Margaret Atwood: Wilderness Tips

nomadic myth

I just finished reading this collection of short stories, and found it mostly wonderfully enjoyable.

I particularly enjoyed "Death by Landscape". I'm interested in people versus nature, and this story had some new ideas for me.

However, I found the story "Hairball" to be the most disgusting and unnecessary piece of garbage I've ever read.

I've had a chequered time with Margaret Atwood - in truth, I've hated most of what I've read by her, including The Robber Bride, The Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin - but I agree that this collection of stories is terrific. Or so I recall from when I read it, which must be over ten years ago now. Sorry I can't be more specific, but just wanted you to know you're not alone, nomadic myth!

Shade said:
I've had a chequered time with Margaret Atwood - in truth, I've hated most of what I've read by her, including The Robber Bride, The Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin
Haven't read any of Wildnerness Tips. One day...

Shade, if you dislike those you've mentioned, then Alias Grace is a good not-so-apathetic choice of Atwood's. It's still as sensational but very historical in style, and less fantastical.

Back