• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Marie Darrieussecq: Pig Tales

dollymixture

Has anybody read any of her novels? I've just finished reading 'Pig Tales' (the original french novel is called 'Truismes' - I read the translation) and I'm overwhelmed by this strange but amazing book, it's brought out all kinds of feelings in me including pity and disgust but if you're looking for something out of the ordinary, and you aren't easily offended I'd recommend it.

If anyone's interested 'Pig Tales' is the story of a young woman working in a beauty parlour (an extremely dubious one) who metamorphoses into a pig - I know it seems ridiculous but honestly this has been one of the most interesting reads of my life!

Marie Darrieussecq-Pig Tales-A Novel of Lust and Transformation

This is French Novelist Marie Darrieussecqs first novel.Truismes in French.

"Pig Tales. A Novel of Lust and Transformation (1996) : “Difficult to write one’s story when one lives in a pigsty—when one has, in fact, become a sow. Yet such is the narrator’s extraordinary adventure in this terribly sensual fable” (Marie Darrieussecq)."

The story is about a woman slowly transforming into a pig.It's laugh out loud funny with shock,at 150 pages ,a quick and enjoyable read.

I've read this! I think I posted a thread about it but didn't receive any responses, possibly because not many people have read it - but they should! I absolutely loved it and suggest it to those of my friends who I know will cope with it.

I'd like to read more of Darrieussecq's work, one can only wonder what else an imagination like that can produce.

I am glad someone else has read it,I found it more of a transformation then of lust.It was histerical at times and shocking but by the end you see the "acceptance" of herself.

Found your thread and merging them.

Back