• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Meg Cabot

Drizzt Do'Urden

I ahve to say, I'm a BIG fan of Meg Cabot. She writes kinda Sci-Fi books. She did the Princess Diaries series, but also the Mediator series which i loved. Any other people like her?

I think I picked up a poor book then! I read 'Boy Meets Girl' or 'Girl Meets Boy' (can't remember which way round this should be) and thought that it was a poor piece of chick lit. Clumsy storyline, which wasn't helped at all by the method in which the story was conveyed (IM, email, receipts, journal etc).

I enjoyed the Princess Diaries books. Maybe that's a sad thing to admitt since I'm 22 but, hey, I'm just a kid at heart. :p I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the book you mentioned magemanda. I might have a look at it to see what it's like.

I tend to not admit to reading the Princess Diaries, but - I've read them all. They're not the sort of thing I normally read, but everyone needs light reading now and again.

I read All American-Girl while waiting when I was doing photocopying on work experience...

I haven't read anything by her but I've seen the movie adaptation of the first princess diary book and that made me wonder what feelings the author has for democracy.

WitchyBelle4u2 said:
I enjoyed the Princess Diaries books. Maybe that's a sad thing to admitt since I'm 22 but, hey, I'm just a kid at heart.

I'm 25 and I liked them too. They are fluffy and fun and I listened to them in the car instead of reading them.

I used to love her, but then I started reading more and more of her books. I found out every book has a very similar storyline and that I can predict almost anything that is going to happen. I've read three of the Princess Diaris books, All-American Girl and five of the ones from the Mediator series. They are okay, nothing extremely special about them.

I have to say that she is one of my favorite authors. I think that the Mediator series is my favorite, followed closely by 1-800-Where-R-You, and recommend them to anybody. I didn't really care too much for Girl Meets Boy because I didn't like the way that it was written, but that's the only one that I recall not liking of her's, and even then, I read it in one or two days.

I haven't read anything else of hers but the Princess Diaries. I absolutely hate the movies, because they did such a terrible job on them. The books are awesome, though. They're a guilty pleasure of mine, because my tastes are usually a lot more mature and dark. The characters amuse me a lot and I especially love Mia.

I've read most of her teen books, and they're the first thing I go for when I want something light, quick, and amusing. I like The Princess Diaries, but I'm starting to find Mia a little annoying (although she is actually a pretty realistic teen girl). I really enjoyed the Mediator series (I love Jesse :eek: ) and 1-800-Where-R-You. I also thought that the All-American Girl books were hilarious. Of the ones I've actually read the only one I didn't care for was Teen Idol.

I have read I think 1-4 of the princess diaries series. I would like to get the rest and read them. I love the movies, but they are so different from the books it doesnt bother me that it doesnt follow the series.

I have also read All-American Girl. I haven't read any of her Mediator series. I might have to try those. I like her books. And I am not afraid to admit I like books like Princess Diaries. And I am 20. I also collect Disney movies and I still watch them. lol :)

I've read most of her books and adore them all! She is my favorite author. I love her writing style.

Meg Cabot - Does anyone know this author

Hi!

Does anyone know this author, especially the Heather series (size 12 is not fat, big boned). Maybe they are stereotypical. I am not sure.

Christine

i like her too the most recent thing i have read was the american girl which i was actually rereading because it was so good

Back