• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

I hope you guys have a very nice one. I'm having Italian for dinner.

Sent from my vanity communications device using the Book and Reader mobile app.

merry-christmas.gif

My Christmas, was, uhm, horrible. But my New Year a little better. My little (and only) one just started school this morning (I think the equivalent of Grade 7 in the States), a surreal experience.

Gosh you guys go back to school early after the holidays. Sorry Christmas was awful - mine are fortunately moving out of awful into bearable.

New Year has a way to go to being bearable unfortunately this year it failed to rain which keeps the worst of the crazies inside and the fireworks to a minimum. I can't wait for an universal ban on the horrible things.

Ban on fireworks???? NOOOOO!!!!

Actually, the ones that goes up high in the sky are fine (as long as you're not directly beneath them, because the fine ashes fall on you, etc). The ones that are lighted up by kids and spins on the floor and stuff - those are a little more dangerous, although I grew up playing that every Chinese New Year.

We have school all year round - no such thing as summer holidays and stuff. Doesn't mean the quality of the education is better though...

Fireworks - harms the environment with the waste, smoke / chemicals, harms wildlife, causes injuries to pets and humans, some are still made by child labour, and the factories have a very poor safety record ... pretty lights in the sky ... not worth the costs. :)

Well, if you put it that way.

Anyway I slept through the stroke of midnight, so I missed fireworks, and I was told there were some by my son (who was supposed to be sleeping!).

Back