• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Connelly: The Scarecrow

Lincoln Rhyme

Plot: Crime reporter Jack McEvoy is at the end of his rope. His boss just told him that he has two weeks left in the office. The only reason they didn't kick him out there is because he has a replacement to train.
Now Jack is looking to write his biggest story yet,and go out with a bigger bang that would make his case with The Poet look meager. A teenager is found and convicted of a crime. Jack soon finds out that the teen is a set-up and the real murderer is out there. The thing is,this murderer is cold and calculative. He's ALWAYS watching,he knows everybody's moves before they make them. Jack is in the biggest chess match of his life with this cyber-fiend. Can he really win this time?

My opinion: I just tried to finish The Narrows. Hated that book. The Scarecrow though,is a very good novel. There were some slow parts,but overall everything was in the right place. Wesley Carver has to be one of the coolest villains I've ever come across in crime fiction. I personally thought it was better than The Poet.

My rating: :star4:

Another winner from Connelly and I'm surprise he only has just two books featuring Jack McEvoy who is a great character and both books featuring him have been some of his best work.

Back