• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Jecks

Isabell

I need someone to tell me whether I should pursue reading this author.....

I was filing through the aisles of my library looking for something to read....I was at the point of reading that nothing suited me for the moment. I decided that wandering the library would surely be the answer in the hopes of striking gold in a literary sense. After a few minutes in the fiction aisle, I came across this set of unusually colorful group of books that caught my eye.(sometimes the cover sell me to read them) I pulled on off the shelf and started to read the inside cover.

These were books that I have never heard of and apparently, this writer was somewhat of a novice as it seemed to the writing world. I went home (without book in hand) and started to search on the internet about the author and found that he wrote many more then what had been at the library.

Trying to figure out which of the series should be the first book, I finally was able to track it down. I went to the Barnes and Noble and bought the paperback and brought it home only to find it laying unread for the next few months to come.

Since we've been talking about reading what we feel at the moment in the other thread, I thought I would post some advice in a new thread and ask if anyone has either heard of him or actually has read any of the books themselves and if they are worth the time.

Now I usually don't ask for this sort of advice and just take it upon myself to read, I was hoping that maybe someone here (since there seems to be alot of Brits here and the owner of this site who I assume is also a Brit may have read these books since that are set in Medieval England and the author himself is a Brit. Who knows he may also be a member of this site........:p

Here's his site http://www.michaeljecks.co.uk/index.html

Looking forward to your replies.....:D

<tapping fingers>

Still waiting for some words of wisdom.....c'mon guys....I you're out there!!:p

Isabell said:
Come on now! Don't everyone hurt themselves trying to be the first to answer:p
This is the first I've heard of him as well Isabell but he does look interesting. I've subscribed to his newsletter, as infrequent as he claims them to be :rolleyes: . So have you started the first one yet? Spill the beans! :)

pontalba said:
So have you started the first one yet? Spill the beans! :)

Sadly, I have not. You know how it goes....you've got all these books and you get sidetracked with others.....

ohhhh, my list is sooooo long:cool:

Back