• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Micheal Connelly: The Concrete Blonde

The Butcher

Well were back with the 3rd book of the Harry Bosch Series. Now Bosch is facing his trial for "unlawfully" killing The Dollmaker in the past.Also now A note from Dollmaker has shown up,how could a person that got shot in the heart still be alive?Bosch now has to do 2 VERY important things.With his smarts and "**** you" attitude he has to do things at once.

I give it a :star4:
It a little bit better than The Black Ice,not by much though.

it is not a Harry Bosch story but I really like the novel Blood Work which also written by Michael Connelly. made into movie with Clint eastwood. It is about FBI agent who gets heart transplant and tries to find killer of victim who was the donor of heart he received. I liked this book as much as Harry Bosch novels and I believe I read somewhere that Connelly wrote book with both Harry Bosch and Bloodwork guy in it but never was able to find it over here.

Well,sometimes Connelly does crossovers with his characters.Like,right now Bosch and his half brother Mick Haller,who is a lawyer.Connelly has these guys crossing for three books now,which are both latest Haller AND Bosch Novel.

I just started The Black Echo. I can say I already like the character Harry Bosch. I am looking forward to finishing this one and moving on to the second in the series.

I just started The Black Echo. I can say I already like the character Harry Bosch. I am looking forward to finishing this one and moving on to the second in the series.
Bosch is an awesome protagonist. Full of spunk and willing to do what is right,even if he pisses the higher-ups.

So far I am really enjoying The Black Echo. This is the first Michael Connelly book I have read and I like the authors style. I got the idea to start reading Connelly from a thread I read on this forum. So, thanks to those who continue to post and recommend books.
I've already scoped out my local library for The Black Ice (the 2nd book in the Bosch series)

The Black Ice was decent,not as good as the first one but decent. I thought when Bosch headed off to Mexicali it got boring real fast. Still an alright read though.

I've been a big fan of Harry Bosch since his first debut in The Black Echo. Always whimsical and observant. The ending also kicked some serious ass.

My rating::star4:

Falcon,the book you are looking for is A Darkness More Than Night,which is the 6th book in the Harry Bosch Series,and the second book of that guy from Blood Work.

I must be getting old. I checked out this book on google and after reading about the plot I realize that I have actually read this book before, when it first came out. But since I cannot remember who the killer was I will read it again when I get a chance.
Apparently it is story of how Bosch is suspected of taking laws into his own hands. This is not an unrealistic idea. Since this is an anonymous forum, and I am now in a foreign country, I can say that I have personally done same. I personally get very angry when innocent and defenseless women and children and old people get victimized, and sometimes I would do whatever was necessary to make sure that dirtbags were punished and the victims were safe, regardless of rules and regulations etc. This has not caused me one second of guilt, but did lead to a great many career difficulties. That is why I ended up investigating only crimes that occurred in prison, where there are really no "innocent" victims, and it was much easier to remain objective.
My point here is that whenever you read a fictional novel about cops who do extra-judicial things and take the law into their own hands, of which this is a very common theme, do not think it is far-fetched, because it isn't.

This book was finally returned to my local library. So I picked it up and had it read in three days. This was by far the best out of the first three books in the Bosch series. I couldn't put it down.

:star5: It gets a 5 star rating from me.

I liked this book and you can really see that Connelly has gotten better as a writer compared to his two earlier works.

Back