• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Micheal Connelly

The Butcher

Who has read his work?

So far I have tried(These 3 are the first book of a series) :
The Poet:Mcevoy was a good character,but his plot sucked
The Lincoln Lawyer: Mick was a good character,but his was complicated,so I will try to reader it later.
The Black Echo: I love Harry Bosch as a character,he is right now my favorite detective. It's interesting seeing him solve cases,he also thinks of everything that could have happened.

I am currently reading the second book of the Bosch series,and it's better than The Black Echo.

Harry Bosch is also one of my favorite detectives. Butcher, have you read any of Andrew Vachss novels about Burke. If you like Dexter you will like these. Vachss is a lawyer who helps child abuse victims in real life. Burke is an ex-convict in NY who is like an unlicensed PI and a vigilante. He hunts down and kills pedophiles and serial killers and has friends who help him who are a Chinese kung fu master who cannot talk, a transvestite and a sniper assassin. He is like an ultimate street guy and lives "off the grid" as they say. I love these books because though it is sickening in the parts about pedophiles, the books are still satisfying as the scumbags always get what they deserve in the end.

The first book was Flood. Others after that were Blue Belle, Strega, Blossom, Hard Candy, and Pain Management. There were others also which I cannot recall right now. But they are all great and you do not really have to read them in order, although it may be easier to follow if you do.

Big Connelly fan here. I'm trying to catch up after reading Echo Park, The Overlook and The Poet. I'm on City of Bones right now.

While I enjoy Connelly's Bosch novels, my favorite book of his is still the first one of his that I read: Blood Work. Don't see the movie, though. It sucked!

While I enjoy Connelly's Bosch novels, my favorite book of his is still the first one of his that I read: Blood Work. Don't see the movie, though. It sucked!

That's the first one I read too. I agree the movie strays away from the book.

I started reading The Poet this week. So far I am liking it.

Hi Brk 3: I borrowed Angel's ??? forgot the rest of the title but it's about the electric railway that goes up the side of the hill - discovered, as I think you had already told me, that it was an older book by Connelly so didn't read it. Which is his most recent and I will try to order that one?

Hi Brk 3: I borrowed Angel's ??? forgot the rest of the title but it's about the electric railway that goes up the side of the hill - discovered, as I think you had already told me, that it was an older book by Connelly so didn't read it. Which is his most recent and I will try to order that one?

Yea, the book you are referring to is Angel's Flight (the 6th book in The Harry Bosch series). It was a good read and I think it is worth reading.
As far as the most recent novel from Connelly, that may be The Fifth Witness. This is a Mickey Haller (The Lincoln Lawyer main character) book but I believe Bosch makes an appearance. There is a new Harry Bosch novel called The Drop due out in November.

I finished it up this past weekend. I gave it a Four Star rating. The book starts out strong and pulls you in. Then it drags a bit in the middle. The ending is really good though.

I agree. I think the ending was very strong and that is the reason I really like it.

My favorite Connelly book.

I actually liked The Scarecrow a lot more. The Poet is a very good novel, but The Scarecrow is a great novel. It's mainly because I liked the cyber part of The Scarecrow. Carver was a good villain too.

Anybody gonna get The Drop this month? I might wait a little while before reading, because I thought 9 Dragons was very sub-par, even for a Bosch book.

I'll pick up The Drop as soon as it's release.

I do like The Scarecrow and I think Jack McAvoy is a character he really needs to write more about. I still like the Poet better because of how it all comes together at the end.
I do agree with you about 9 Dragons. It's not really a mystery book to me but more of a thriller. I think they are setting up for the future with what happened in that book though.

If you haven't read his other stand alone Void Moon it's another entertaining book.

Void Moon is another Connelly novel I've been meaning to check out. Although it's probably gonna be sooner rather than later, because my book I wanted is taking forever to come in.

Chasing The Dime is another one of his stand-alone's I plan on reading. You read it yet Tai Mai Shu?

Ya know what, I'm gonna go ahead and check out Void Moon. Been a couple of months since my last Connelly novel.

Back