• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Moonlight Mile - Dennis Lehane

753C

This is the sequel to "Gone Baby, Gone" and if you liked that story (or even the movie) you will probably want to read this one.
The story takes place twelve years after the abduction and return of Amanda McCreedy. She has dissapeared again, and again her faithful aunt enlists the aid of Patrick Kenzie and Angie Genarro to find her.
Amanda has grown into a calculating and highly intelligent young lady and she leads the detectives on a chase with lots of twists and turns. It seems a lot of people are looking for Amanda : The russian mafia, the police, and her mother (for all the wrong reasons) to name a few.
So the story is not particularly groundbreaking, but as usual with Lehane it manages to be quite entertaining. Patrick Kenzie although he is older and more disillusioned with his carreer than ever, is still a real wise-ass. The scenes with some of the russian gangsters are humorous to say the least.

Lehane's strengths lie in his characters and his ability to create atmosphere and mood, although to be honest I found this one a little light in these areas.
There was a lot going on in the plot and a lot of interesting possibilities, but the whole thing felt sort of rushed. In a time when most books are way to long, I think this one could have benefited from an extra 30-40 pages or so.
Still, a fun and engaging read.
:star3:

Moonlight Mile

Thanks for the info 753 - will have a look for it at the library - have read Gone Baby Gone - I like Lehane. :) momac

Back