• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mother's day story

RaVeN

Just wanted to share this with a few of you. This is really about my Father though.

I went to my folks as the family was gathering to take them out and celebrate Mother's day. My Mother was complaining about how hot it was in the bathroom to prepare her hair & makeup. I asked why she didn't open the window and she said the my Father wouldn't let her.

My dad says "people may look in the window while we're getting dressed."
I said "surely people have better windows to look into other than that of an 80 year old man."

Without missing a beat the old guy looks up at me from his wheelchair and says "don't call me Shirley."

Hope your day was as special as mine.

RaVeN

Yep, but I'm talking about an old guy that has cancer, doesn't say more than a dozen words a day, struggles to eat his tapioca for god's sake and on a good day gets the first initial of my Mom's name right.

Guess ya had to be there.

RaVeN

Ok, Litany, this is my father the blithering puddle of DNA.

Dad, this is the wench hag that I told you all about.

You're right Litany.

RaVeN

Yep, but I'm talking about an old guy that has cancer, doesn't say more than a dozen words a day, struggles to eat his tapioca for god's sake and on a good day gets the first initial of my Mom's name right.
Now that I didn't know, RaVeN, that changes it. Must've been a very cool moment, then!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Martin said:
Now that I didn't know, RaVeN, that changes it. Must've been a very cool moment, then!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

As Litany pointed out, it was my error in not explaining things better. But as you said, it was a cool moment. I didn't think there would be many more memorable gifts I'd recieve from Dad. I was wrong.

RaVeN

Back