• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Movie classics you've never seen, but feel you should have

impalpable

My friends and I all compiled a list of 5 movie classics we've never seen and this weekend we're having round one to watch one movie off of everyone's list. We're going to be watching:

Citizen Kane
Psycho
Metropolis
Rear Window
North by Northwest
Do the Right Thing
His Girl Friday

I'm really excited about this and I'm wondering what are some movie classics you've never seen that you feel you should have seen by now?

Lawrence of Arabia is definitely on someone's list for one of the next four rounds. I've never seen that one either.

I tried watching Citizen Kane but was bored out of my mind so I stopped.

I liked this one a lot actually. It was the first one we watched and I'm glad we didn't wait to turn it on until 3am or I would probably have hated it. For a while at the beginning when they're going through the news reels, I had a hard time keeping up because I was only half paying attention and we had about 10 people watching so there was misc chit chat but once we got into the heart of the movie, it was really good.

I think my favorite from this round was His Girl Friday. It was really funny and light and perfect to watch after Citizen Kane and before Psycho.

I always thought I should have seen In Cold Blood. Then I tried, fell asleep twice but finally made it to the end. It's just a bad movie.

i regretted till now not watching:

Casablanca
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Funny Face
Pretty In Pink
An Affair To Remember
Fiddler On The Roof
Don Juan DeMarco

which i watched this summer!! woo hoo!!!

i still want to watch

The Way We Were
The Yearling
Godfather I,II,III
Scarface
Rocky Horror Picture Show
West Side Story
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

A classic movie that I haven't watched yet is The Maltese Falcon. For some reason, I never seem to get around to watching it, despite having watched a ton of old movies in my life. Someday, I will.......

Back