• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Moving to a new server

Darren

Over the next few days we will be moving over to a new server (and web host). This change was for a number of admininstrative reasons.

The bookmark URL will still be the same (www.thebookforum.com), but occasionally the forum may be closed for essential maintenance.

It takes a few days for the various DNS servers around the world to learn our new location.

The database has already been moved (we should now be using the new database if all has gone well).

Darren.

Well, the DNS servers seem to have updated, and our URL is now locating to the new server :)

I don't know if it's just at my end, but the site seems to be moving much faster now with the new server :)

If anyone is having any problems, then let me know.

It really is faster!
Thanks for moving!

I have moved my forum to the hoster hosteurope.de now.
Just waiting for the proxys and DNS to upgrade.
Did that take long time in your case?

The DNS updates took about 48 to 72 hours in this case (over the weekend). Although our new host is slightly more expensive, the level of service and facilities is superb.

Our new server (which we share) is
  • Dual Intel Tualtin 1.13Ghz Server Chips with 512k Cache
  • 4Gb Kingston ECC Registered RAM
  • 4 x 60Gb Hard Disk Drives in a RAID5 Array

Back