• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Murder, Murder

SevenWritez

Another short story from Creative Writing, but much smaller than Flames, and much easier to follow. We were told to write a diary of anyone. Originally I was going to make a parody of Jesus "NO ONE LISTHENS TO ME GUYTHS, IM SERIOUS HERE, I WANT TO THAVE YOU!" but my story-mode kicked in. This is only two pages, so it's a quick read. Hope you enjoy.

Murder, Murder

I saw her again today, and again she did not see me. That’s ok. I’ve been watching her for the last few days, really—ever since we met at the pumping station I knew she was the next one. Now, I can’t really say how I knew, but I just did. It’s one of those things you really can’t explain unless—as the saying goes—you were standing in my shoes. If it’s super natural, psychological, something, something, blah, blah, blahogical, I don’t know. But it was the way her eyes lined up with mine. There was a faint recognition of what I was, her eyes gave off that quick glimmering flash that roared at her sub-conscious something was wrong. I’m sure she didn’t sense a thing though, and that’s the beauty of it. The sub-conscious rarely makes its messages clear to the conscious, and in this day and age with how we’ve all been conditioned into the uptight keep-it-to-yourself type of personas, it’s very easy to discard what the other side of our brain tries to tell you. And again, that’s the beauty of it. I love my other side. It gives me everything I need, it makes me move on impulse, and—coincidentally enough—it’s what sent the vibe to my fingers to start writing. I’ve killed a few before her, about four or five I’d say, and still none of their bodies have been found (oh, the glee! The down-right suspense!), so while I should be moving with a bit more caution, I guess I’ll just let the impulse drive me. It seems to think on its own, and that’s fine. Besides; if they do end up finding any of my trophies, how would they link them to me? Who would convict the mute-boy who walks around town aimlessly kicking rocks into the street of murder? Well, some might, some would, but screw them. If that day comes I’ll deal with them, too. But now I suppose I’m just rambling, so I’ll close this note. My other side told me to start writing a journal, an entry-log of sorts, and I guess I’ve followed through with that. This is an introduction to the days ahead I guess. Let’s make it a game then. Let’s see if I can wrap this up in…two weeks. No, three. Three should be enough time to see where she goes, when she goes, and how she goes. That’s the most important part, I think. My other thinks so, too. Anyhow, the date is…ah…I need to go find a calendar. (About three minutes have passed, maybe more, maybe less—the counter is starting). Ok, this calendar hung up by the pump station says it’s March 5th. So, March 5th, 2007. Alright. Party time.

March 9th, 2007. (It’s sort of rainy.)
Yeah, read the little tab up there. It’s pouring down like hard, like real hard, like so hard that I’m suspicious of God’s will to control his bladder. This must be diarrhea coming out the front end. Jesus! It’s pomp, pomp, pomping outside my friggin’ apartment and I can’t even hear my own damn thoughts. What a pain. What a bother. Hoo-boy, yes sir, this sucks. But ok, that was my warm-up. Back to the plan. I haven’t written for the last few days because I had no real desire to, and as I’ve hopefully made it clear Mr. Diary, I only make love to you with my pencil/pen (oh my), when my other side deems it necessary. Hold on, I just called you Mr. Diary. Hey, I’m all for queers doing their thing, but I’m not part of the Rosie O’Donnell club, so let’s change your name to Mrs. Diary. Yeah…you like that, don’t you Mrs. Diary? Don’t play hard to get baby, you and me, forever and ever, to the ends of the earth…yeah. YES, WELL, BACK TO THE MESSAGE! I saw her again today at the pump, but this time she saw me as well, and oddly enough there was no sub-conscious flash in her eyes, which made me a bit disappointed. That is, after all, my bulls eye. Anywho, she smiled, said hi, and even though I could hear her perfectly, I kept up with the mute role and nodded back down with the most jackass-ish smile I have ever given. I remember tugging at the left side of my lips a bit and trying to bend the right corner down. I should go check myself out in a mirror some time…but I found some good information. I pieced it all together in my head. She always comes from West Lane Avenue and then leaves in the direction she was going. So now I just need to (or, let me say needed to, I’m just filling you in here, missus), figure out where she comes from and heads to. One reason I haven’t written for the last few days is because I was investigating. I took a gamble and decided she left from home and went to work, and thank you, give me my prize, I took the right direction. I headed down Left Avenue until the road finally split off into another road. Her car came from further down; she didn’t notice me, and the next day I hiked down a bit more until I came to another branch-off that led into another neighborhood. Surprise, surprise, she came’ah driven’. I waited till later that night, found where she enters to sleep (small house, really, small, boring neighborhood), and now have made my mark. But that’s all I’ve gotten done. Now I need to pack-up my equipment, find a nice little camp-out spot, and get my next trophy.

March 15th, 2007. (Got to make this quick)
Well, the little gal was much feistier than I gave her credit for. She’s—hold on, she’s trying to be clever.

Miriam tried to scream when she had entered her household, turning to see the mute-boy that she had met just days before sitting on her sofa with a zip-up hoodie thrown over him and casting a shadow over his eyes. She didn’t need to see past that to know he was looking at her. But his reflexes had been like an animals, and the moment her eyes laid on him he was up and on her, boarding her mouth with his open palm and thrusting his left leg behind her so that she would fall. She lost balance, felt gravity take her, and then was thrown into a whirl as his hand left her mouth, turned her so that she fell chest-first, and used his other hand to cup her mouth again. He fell on top of her in such a position that with a dreadful certainty she was sure that he was going to rape her. But he didn’t pull anything out.
Instead, he began giggling madly as he pulled out a roll of duct tape and slapped a strap onto both her mouth and her eyes. He used—at least it felt like he used—the rest of the tape to bind her arms behind her and her legs together. After that all she could hear was the soft press of carpet as he walked away. Her mind was already reeling in primitive panic and the glaring question of how did he get in? kept coming full-circle like a snapshot in her memory. She began to try and free herself, if only by a bit, pulling her wrists from each other and at first feeling nothing, but then noting the slight give way that the duct tape had. It was losing its hold. She began to wriggle back and forth now, completely forgetful of the man who had come here to—
—A solid kick came right to the side of her head, and with a snapping jerk she was thrown back and thrown into the wall.
“Ma’am, I’m trying to write to my dear friend right now, so please don’t make a fuss. I’m not much for violence.” There was a pause. “Well, actually, yeah I am, but not hitting pretty women such as yourself. I like to cut them instead. Much more satisfying. So please behave while I write my letter.”
And then there was the silence again. Miriam began to cry, left behind a sheet of duct-papered darkness, and mind reeling in panic, not understanding what at all had happened, what at all was happening.

Sorry about that Mrs. Diary. Little lady just kept trying to wiggle herself out of my little trap. And it was a pretty good one, too, if I do say so myself. I duct taped her mouth, her eyes, and got her legs and arms done, too. I’ll have to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn’t make any attempts to be a little sneaky-wiggler again. But hey-ho, that’s ok, we’re in good shape. I brought my Machete with me, my camping knife, and my butcher knife. I’ve never used the butcher before, but I’m sure I could find something to do with it. Anyhow, I’m getting real impatient now. I’m sure it’ll be bloody, but that’s ok. I usually like to get these things done by the river so that I can clean the mess up, but honestly, I’m pretty bored with this one. Much shame that she had to have such a strong other side, else she would have been safe. My subconscious wanted to prey on hers, it’s not my fault I’m like this, no sir. I just obey orders. But yes, I believe this one may get tricky, so I suppose the cops and the public will catch me on this one. That’s fine. I need a change of scenery. Goodbye for now, Mrs. Diary.

She felt something cold and sharp tap her skin, not in a way to make wounds but only to test the substance it was about to be used on, like a butcher readying to slice the steak.
“Now try not to make too much noise, ma’am, I’m not much for loud noises and all.”
The cold silver trailed down her, and before she could make an uttered cry or otherwise her blouse was torn open, then her skirt, and then her underwear, being cut off from the seams at the side. She was naked now; she knew that, fully exposed. But he still made no attempt to rape her.
“…Many places to start, hmm.”
Miriam’s chest began to heave in sobs, and she tried to make audible the loudest scream she could, but the tape around her muted her to nothing more than a high-pitched moan.
“Now, now, missus, you’re being silly. Just hold still.”
The cold steel touched her skin again, and in the duct-taped darkness, she knew what was coming.

Back