• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Music you Enjoy!

Rafael

Hi im new here, i just wanna know what type of music you guys listen to, and what are your favorite bands. I´ll start
1.The mars Volta
2.Modest Mouse
3.And you will know us by the trail of the dead
4.Coldplay
5.Menomena

Sapper41 said:
I like Classical and Movie Scores. I just Bought the Master and Commander ST and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!
I love the soundtrack from The Last of The Mohicans

My tastes are pretty varied:
Norah Jones
The Breeders
Matt Good Band
Ella Fitzgerald
CCR
Tchaikovsky
Debussy

I'm on a jazz kick right now ...

my five favorites are:

1.) charles mingus -- bass
2.) buddy rich -- percussion
3.) dave brubeck -- piano
4.) john coltrane -- saxophone
5.) miles davis -- trumpet

My tastes are very varied, but at the moment I'm listening to quite a lot of anime and game scores. High on my list are:

Games
Zelda OoT Hyrule Symphony: Koji Kondo
Zelda Wind Waker: Koji Kondo
Chrono Trigger orchestrations: Yasunori Mitsuda
Deus Ex: Alex Brandon
Grim Fandango: Peter McConnell
Monkey Island: Michael Land

Anime
Vision of Escaflowne (especially the dramatic choral tracks): Yoko Kanno
Princess Mononoke: Joe Hisaishi
Haibane Renmei: Kou Ohtani

All kinds of stuff :)

Fav classical: Schubert.
Fav salsa/merengue: Olga Tanon.
Fav flamenco: Jose Merce and Cameron de la isla.
Fav Rock/metal: Blink 182 and slipknot when I want some noise ;)
Fav pop: Ummm, who knows?
Fav old crap stuff you never admit to: Abba
Fav bands: Jarabe de palo and Counting Crows

And lots of other bands and styles of music :)

I quite like dance music mixed with classical. Also film scores and other classical music. Especially piano music :D
Recently bought a cd called Karma beats. Its hindu ish music mixed with dance music! very good.

Amy :D

Ooo... lets see.. I'm on a Garbage phase at the moment also I love... Korn, Soil, Tsunami Bomb, Kittie, Idlewild, Aerosmith, Metallica, No Doubt, Arch Enemy, Jimmy Eat World... I'm going to stop there. Also I love anime theme tunes, like the Outlaw Star intro, the Love Hina intro and various other intros and outros... :D

bobbyburns said:

my five favorites are:

i love jazz too. miles davis and john coltrane are wonderful. my father-in-law is a big dave brubeck fan. i bought him "the essential dave brubeck" cd for his last bday.

bobbyburns said:

my five favorites are:

Excellent taste Mr. Burns. Can I recommend some Thelonius Monk to go with that? As well as some Coleman Hawkins and Lester Young? :)

In addition to jazz, I listen to bunches of geezer rockers. And, naturally, the moniker stills says it all:

Irene Wilde
"When I just 16, I stood waiting for a dream..."

it would be easier to mention the music i dislike rather than what i do like!lol! i can't stand the majority of manufactured pop music, i prefer real music by real bands that play their own instruments!lol!
I love classical/modern orchestral music too (esp Gladiator ST). Very big fan of The Who ("who?" i hear you ask!lol! there must be someone on here who has heard of/seen them!lol!) Also a big fan of Nickelback, Linkin Park, Creed, Queen, R.E.M., Oasis and Skunk Anansie/Skin

My taste in music changes almost daily. I'm very trend-sensitive, so i'll listen to almost everything that's in the top 50. However, about a year or two ago I became a fan of the socalled Britpop[/b], which, for me, consists of Coldplay, Oasis, Keane, Starsailor, and some more bands, which I have yet to get bored of.

Add to that the 500+ mp3's I have stored on my computer, ranging from The Beatles to The stones, from the Muppets to the Moody Blues, from Simon and Garfunkel to Sinead O'Conner, from U2 to Underworld, and you'll have an idea of my taste in music.

Cheers

Martin said:
Add to that the 500+ mp3's I have stored on my computer, ranging from The Beatles to The stones..."

Between vinyl, CDs, cassettes, and yes even 8-tracks, my album collection is in the 1,000s and I know people who put my collection to shame. But you are young yet! And while you are fortunate in that mp3s store easily and are low-maintenance, you missed the glory days of vinyl cover art. Those little, itty, bitty, jewel case covers on CDs are hardly comparable. Unless you are talking The White Album. :)

Irene Wilde
"And my brother's back and home with his Beatles and his Stones, I never got off on all that revolution stuff.."

P.S. -- You did make sure all the artists involved were fairly compensated for those mp3s, didn't you?

Rafael said:
Hi im new here, i just wanna know what type of music you guys listen to, and what are your favorite bands. I´ll start
1.The mars Volta
2.Modest Mouse
3.And you will know us by the trail of the dead
4.Coldplay
5.Menomena
The Offspring, Madness, Guns n Roses, Starsailor, Muse, Gorillaz, Pink Floyd, Led Zeplinn, Black Sabbath, Sterophonics, Coldplay, Simply Red.

I'm liking Reel Big Fish, The Living End, HIM, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Jewel, Billy Joel, Rancid, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The White Stripes, Sister Hazel, The Counting Crows.....

I have an eclectic taste in music, because you can add to those: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Elgar, various original soundtracks (I don't think Howard Shore's score for the three LotR movies has left my player recently), and even some pop music. I have to confess an appreciation of Britney Spears *hangs head* - you can burn me now....

And while you are fortunate in that mp3s store easily and are low-maintenance, you missed the glory days of vinyl cover art.
Oh, I absolutely agree!

P.S. -- You did make sure all the artists involved were fairly compensated for those mp3s, didn't you?
Yes.

Yes, I did. Sent them all a key chain.

Cheers

Back