• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Musicals: Billy Elliott is brilliant!!!

Ellie82

Hi everyone!

I went to see Billy Elliott the musical last weekend and thought it was absolutely brilliant!! It's way funnier (and ruder!) than the film whilst still retaining the basic essentials of the plot. There's a lot more visually stunning and complex dance routines as well, which could also be highly comic in places :p ....don't want to give too much away though.

Just wondered if anyone else has been to seen it and if so what you thought of it?

Also wondered what other musicals people recommend. I loved Blood Brothers and the Lion King and also The Phantom of the Opera - it's so much more scary when someone's trying to destroy the theatre that's actually above your head!

Was also thinking of going to see The Woman in White as I remember enjoying the book or The Producers and wondered if people think they're worth seeing?!

Back