• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Blog

RB816

Hello everyone! I hope it's acceptable for me to post this link here. If not, please feel free to delete this thread at any time. My name is Randy and I'm and avid reader and aspiring writer. I love everything from drama to science-fiction. I've made a blog to share some of my short stories with the public. The ones I have posted thus far are mostly horror fiction so if you're a horror fan, please check it out. www.RB8168.blogspot.com is the link. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated, even negative. I love to hear what people think.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Randy, and yes this is the right place to post it.

Hint - participation in the larger forum will result in more chance of feedback :)
(without promoting yourself that is :) )

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum! And thank you for your suggestions, I haven't had time to check out the entire forum but I will start posting in the larger sections soon.

I just wanted to share that I have two new short stories available for free on my blog.

The first is Ghost Story: A nihilistic writer named Daryl Morgan travels to Westlake Manor to write about the legend of Chloe Bell, a teenager whose spirit allegedly still haunts the fourth floor of the manor.

The second story is called Psychoactive. This is much different than anything I've written before. There is no violence, blood, foul language, or inappropriate situations. This is a story that plays out like a child's fantasy but with a startling twist at the end. The twist will leave you shocked!

The link to my blog is www.rb8168.blogspot.com and I hope you all enjoy as always!

Just to let everyone know, there are over fifteen stories currently posted on my blog, all free and available 24/7. All you have to do is visit the link above :)

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but I wanted to let people know I have updated my blog again. Two new stories, "Devil's Night" and "Flat Tire" have been posted, along with an original poem. The link is www.rb8168.blogspot.com I hope you all check them out and enjoy.

My blog (www.rb8168.blogspot.com) has been updated again with four new FREE stories.
Lucky Lenny: A down-on-his-luck alcoholic discovers a silver lining in the form of a beautiful girl named Anna he meets at one of his mandatory AA meetings.
The Garbage Man: A malcontent garbage man named Jerry Spradlin makes a gruesome discovery on his daily garbage route.
Zom-B-Gone: Cody Murdock tries to protect his son Owen in a world overrun by zombies while keeping his zombie wife chained up in the cellar in the hopes that she will one day be human again. In the midst of all the chaos, the government develops and administers a cure with disastrous unintended side effects that make the afflicted urge to be zombies again.
The Fall of Man: Dallas Cain has slipped into an alternate reality in which he is one of the only men left on earth after a global genocide that occurred ten years before. Hunted by every woman on the planet, Dallas must uncover the truth behind his mysterious travels and find a way out before it’s too late.

I could use some feedback on some of these stories so if you take the time to read them please respond if you can :) thanks in advance.

So I had a read of 'The Fall of Man" and while I applaud your attempt at being an enlightened man .. it is sentences like this "With no surprise to Dallas, their cars were not as advanced as the automobiles of his own world." that are revealing ... sweetpea ... anything a man can do, a woman can do better - including make cars!! Women designers are unfortunately still far and few (I wonder why?) but they can and do design cars.

Volvo YCC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than that little hint of male chauvinism ... it was pretty good and I liked the twist at the end.

First, thanks for taking the time to read the story and for your response. I also respect your criticism and I probably should've used a little more detail in that portion of the story to explain what I meant.

I wasn't trying to imply that women were incapable of making better cars than men. By saying that the cars were not as advanced as the vehicles of his world (in the story, it's supposed to be the year 2028) I meant to imply that they weren't the "cars of the future" that everyone used to think of when they thought of the year 2000 and beyond. A long time ago, people actually believed we'd have flying cars by now. And yet as of 2013, the automobile has not and probably never will live up to the concept that everyone envisioned. So I was basically trying to suggest (in my own opinion) that no matter what year, what century, what "world", the automobile will never be as advanced as everyone once thought it would be.

Thanks again for your input (hope I didn't offend) and I'm glad you liked the end :)

Hello everyone. In addition to the short zombie story “Break-In” which I added to my blog last week, I have updated the page with four new stories. The stories are listed below…

Evacuation: The citizens of Montauk are thrust into a deadly situation when airborne toxins escape from a nearby research facility, putting the whole town in jeopardy. With a one-lane road as their only form of evacuation, people panic and flee one after the other, causing accidents and pileups that render the roads unusable. With no other alternate routes or forms of escape, the mob works themselves into a wild frenzy. Amidst the chaos, the last few rational citizens struggle to survive and protect themselves from this deadly toxin, and an even deadlier mob.

Model: Five college students take a spring break retreat to Ocean City with differing motives. Griffin is there to reunite with his ex-girlfriend, Shelly. Jude and Ian are there to score pot. Virginia is there for a modeling gig which she hopes to be her big break. And her sister Abigail tags along only at Virginia’s request. Will the five of them have a pleasant, peaceful vacation or is there something sinister that awaits their arrival? And how exactly is this trip connected to the nightmares that have plagued Abigail for weeks?

Corkscrew: A murder mystery which is the first story to feature one of my favorite characters, homicide detective Weston Archer. I hope to write more Archer tales in the future if people respond to this one.

Wrath: A registered sex offender is wrongly accused in the death of fifteen-year-old Mallory Ward and is brought to justice by a savage mob led by the girl’s father. Esther Driscoll, referred to as the Witch of Westlake by the town children, learns of this heinous crime and uses her powers to awaken a prehistoric beast to exact revenge on the men who killed her only friend.

New stories coming soon include “Exploitation”, “Extermination”, and “In the Flesh”, a new zombie story that will be a follow-up to “Break-In”.

The link is www.rb8168.blogspot.com and I hope you all check them out and enjoy :)

Hello everyone. I have changed the address to my blog. It is now www.talesofthemacabrefiction.blogspot.com but you can still access all the same stories for free.
I have been busy since the last time I posted here. I have added a few new original stories.

I added two revised versions of stories I previously published titled "Two Percent" and "The Garbage Man". I also added several new stories including titles such as "Boogeyman", "Exploitation", "Curse of the Gargoyle", "Prank Call", "Vulnerable", and "Rosemary Lane". I think Rosemary Lane might be my best horror story to date, so I hope you all visit my blog and give these stories a chance.

I have also added some new poems for those who are interested.

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I updated this thread. Just another reminder, my blog address has changed. It's now www.talesofthemacabrefiction.blogspot.com but you can still access all the old stories by using the blog archive on the upper right-hand side of the page. I've made quite a few updates which I'm going to explain below and provide direct links to the stories to make it easier for those interested.

Vulture: Not a horror story, this one falls into the crime/mystery genre. Homicide Detective Wes Archer returns in his second story to hunt the elusive serial killer known only as the Vulture. http://www.talesofthemacabrefiction.blogspot.com/2014/01/vulture.html

The Cellar: A short horror story about a young boy who is terrified of the cellar of his house, specifically the dark and creepy boiler room where something terrible may or may not be lurking. http://www.talesofthemacabrefiction.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-cellar.html

Rocking Chair: Another short story that falls under the category of horror or fantasy. This one is a little personal and involves a young man having a brief encounter with his deceased grandfather. http://www.talesofthemacabrefiction.blogspot.com/2014/02/rocking-chair.html

More updates will be made soon, including a new werewolf story called Traveler of the Night, which should be posted by the end of the day. I hope some of you take the time to read these.

Back