• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Doctor Told Me That I Need A Real Hobby!

-Carlos-

All I do is write and read (mostly read). My doctor says that those are fine but a hobby is mostly a physical activity. Now how the heck am I going to find the right hobby for me? I am at a lost. Help!

Maybe join a creative writing group? Maybe? I am one of those creative types (right-brain people).

I use to enjoy playing darts; and I was an ace at it too.

I am uncertain though. It has to be a physical activity that's fun for me. Hmm.

Maybe join a creative writing group? Maybe? I am one of those creative types (right-brain people).

I. It has to be a physical activity that's fun for me. Hmm.

So are you considering a creative writing group that writes while jogging?

Your doctor is wrong. A hobby is something you do for personal enjoyment.

Your doctor is telling you to get off your butt and find a sport or a gym. You should take up cage fighting. Chicks dig scars and muscles.

Or maybe mall walking is more your speed. Plenty of eligible female mall walkers.

Enjoyed reading through these posts in response to Carlos - got a kick out of Hugh's question about writing while jogging. Thanks guys for a few chuckles before heading off to bed. momac

If I were your doctor and you told me you found a hobby that involved some physical exertion and that the hobby was darts, I'd tell you to try again.

You I have dead-on perfect accuracy, really! When I was in little league I did not have a glove but did have a bat. I connected every time I was at the plate. Since I couldn't catch worth a shit, the coach put me at DH. I was not a slugger (home runs) but I made contact with the ball at the plate. That same accuracy, and I do not know where it comes from, made me an ace (when I played darks in the past) at darts. Have you guys ever played darts? From the sound of it you guys haven't. You should try it it's a ball.

You I have dead-on perfect accuracy, really! When I was in little league I did not have a glove but did have a bat. I connected every time I was at the plate. Since I couldn't catch worth a shit, the coach put me at DH. I was not a slugger (home runs) but I made contact with the ball at the plate. That same accuracy, and I do not know where it comes from, made me an ace (when I played darks in the past) at darts. Have you guys ever played darts? From the sound of it you guys haven't. You should try it it's a ball.

Not if I can help it.

If you are drinking beer and playing darts at the same time, that counts for two hobbies.
You would be considered a recreational multi-tasker.

I am going to set up a Google news alert for "Miami darts man attacks patrons bar police jail".

I thought you had to be English to play darts.momac :)

Only if you want to do it right. ;)

Anyway, AquaBlue is Cuban. He should be playing dominoes. Homeboy should be SLAPPING them dominoes on the table when he plays, too.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_bar_dominoes.png

Back