• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Father the Dope Dealer; Newsweek article

SFG75

This is one fascinating article. I'm not certain that I agree about the father's description of his illegal acts as a "victimless crime." I'm certain someone over dosed or was killed in a botched deal. His loose moral equivalency concerns me a bit.

A fascinating story indeed. I often wonders what happens to criminals and other people who lived their lives in the margins of society as they get older and older.

When the author's father was a young man living it up as a wealthy dope dealer, he probably never thought about how his live would later shape up. He probably never thought about how his body would age after inhaling smoke and injecting chemicals. So now he is a haggard old man living in a flop house trying to sell his computer and shoes to his own son. I feel pity for him, but he is also an inspiration to me. I will think about the long term consequences of my decisons now based on his lack of foresight.

Do you subscribe to the print edition of Newsweek? I think I remember hearing that the print edition was being stopped.

Back