• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

MySpace Comic Books

When you say "good stuff" do you mean that it looks interesting and you plan on reading them or that you have read and think them worth reading?

When you say "good stuff" do you mean that it looks interesting and you plan on reading them or that you have read and think them worth reading?
Let's say both.
Some of the previews are good and definitely make me interested in checking out whatever comic it was talking about.
And when they post a whole comic - If I like it, I'll consider it "good stuff."

I really love MySpace Comics - you really get to preview some cool new comics & perhaps decide if it's for you. Something you'd like to invest your time in. It'll also introduce you to new stories, new titles, new writers.

I went through the blog (it's in order from most recent)... so here's from today to Sept. 2008)
Click the links for previews.

Batman #686: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? (part 1 of 2)
Neil Gaiman & Andy Kubert
February 11, 2008
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE: Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert join up for a special BATMAN event! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

08: A Graphic Diary of the Campaign Trail” Copyright 2009 by Michael Crowley and Dan Goldman
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE: Read about Obama's crisis in 08: A GRAPHIC DIARY OF THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

House of Mystery
Vertigo
Written by Matthew Sturges and Bill Willingham (Fables); Art by Luca Rossi, Ross Campbell, Sean Murphy, Zachary Baldus, Steve Rolston and Jill Thompson (Sandman)
Read the first issue:
Vertigo | Graphic Novels
More: MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE: BERNIE WRIGHTSON’S chilling story from HOUSE OF MYSTERY! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog
This looks absolute awesome and I just love Willingham's Fables.

Watching the Watchmen
Dave Gibbons, Chip Kidd & Mike Essl
Here's a peek:
MySpace.com Blogs - WATCHING THE WATCHMEN: Take a peek into co-creator Dave Gibbon?s sketchbook! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Batman: Cacophony (3 parter)
by Kevin Smith
Best-selling comic book writer/director Kevin Smith (GREEN ARROW, Daredevil, Clerks) continues his 3-part miniseries event with a bang! It's Batman vs. The Joker vs. Onomatopoeia in one of the craziest Batman adventures you've ever read. Will Batman be able to uncover the relationship between The Joker and Onomatopoeia in time to keep them from destroying Gotham City? Or are these villains too much for The Caped Crusader?
Here's a peek:
MySpace.com Blogs - KEVIN SMITH WRITES THE DARK KNIGHT IN BATMAN: CACOPHONY! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Kevin Smith takes on the Dark Knight in BATMAN: CACOPHONY! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Mister X: Condemed
(4 parter) - Dean Motter
Twenty-five years ago, Mister X debuted with a concept so clever and a character so captivating that it influenced an entire generation of comics fans and creators. Today, Motter reclaims the reins and sets out to inspire a whole new generation with Mister X: Condemned, a completely fresh introduction to the elusive Mister X and his dystopian home--Somnopolis, the City of Nightmares.
With influences from Film Noir to German Expressionism, this story of a city gone mad and the never-sleeping man who's obsessed with saving it will amaze anyone interested in masterpiece storytelling born from the vision of a single iconoclastic creator.
* One of the most iconic characters of alternative comics--Mister X-is reborn in a new four-part series by his original creator, legendary designer Dean Motter!
"Perhaps the first legitimate combination of science fiction and German Expressionism seen in comics." -Frank Miller

MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: The return of Dean Motter’s mysterious MISTER X! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

The X-Files
(7 parter)
By Frank Spotnitz (one of the writers and producers of the show)
A peek into issue two:
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Mulder and Scully’s quest for the truth hits comics in THE X-FILES! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

X Men Noir
(4 parter) By Fred Van Lente
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Mutants go old school in X-MEN: NOIR! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

November 12, 2008
Interview - Neil Gaiman discusses the 20th anniversary of Sandman
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Neil Gaiman discusses the 20th anniversary of SANDMAN! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Joker
By Brian Azzarello
Sneak Peek + interview
I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas and just got to read it myself last month. He loved it, it has that Christopher Nolan taste of the Joker to it. I liked it a lot... but it's not my favorite. :star4:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=92159514&blogId=446010053

Stan's Soapbox: The Collection
Stan Lee
Columns from 1967 - 1980
Peek:
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: The wit and wisdom of Stan ?The Man? Lee in Stan?s Soapbox: The Collection! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

P. Craig Russel's adaptation of
The Sandman: The Dream Hunters 1 (of 4)
By Neil Gaiman
Peek:
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW! P. Craig Russell adapts Neil Gaiman?s SANDMAN: THE DREAM HUNTERS! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Grimm Fairy Tales #31
Pinocchio part 1 of 2
By Seidman, Tedesco, Brusha
Pretty creepy
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Zenescope?s twisted take on PINOCCHIO! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog
I put a link to another issue above, definitely check that one out as well.

The Mice Templar
-Glass, Oeming
How fun!
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE: Read the first chapter of MICE TEMPLAR! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Marvel Zombies 3 - Fred Van Lente
#1 of 4
I love Marvel Zombies. I have a Marvel Zombies one-shot and I collected the Army of Darkness vs. Marvel Zombies (or is it the other way around?)... fun stuff!
MySpace.com Blogs - EXCLUSIVE: Read the first chapter of MICE TEMPLAR! - MySpace Comic Books MySpace Blog

Back