• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Name That Tune

muggle

Anyone interested in playing a Name That Tune game?

The rules are very simple. Someone posts a lyric. People get to guess the name of the song and the artist (cover artists are acceptable ). First person to guess it right posts the next lyric.

It should be the original poster who confirms the answer - but in the event that person doesn't get online and the game is held up, it can be agreed to post a new lyric and go back to the other one later!

Please though, don't go TOO obscure or too localised - we all have artists that are/were famous in our own country/preferred music genre that no-one else has ever, or is likely to, hear about!

Also, please don't make them so difficult that no-one is ever going to get them right!

Ok a relatively easy one, to get it started.................

I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"
I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

Could this be 'What a Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong, covered by just about everybody and their dawg???

abecedarian said:
Could this be 'What a Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong, covered by just about everybody and their dawg???
You are correct abecedarian. It is your turn now to think of a song and post a few of the lyrics for someone to guess.:)

How about this one:

When I was a kid Uncle Remus he put me to bed
With a picture of Stonewall Jackson above my head
Then daddy came in to kiss his little man
With gin on his breath and a Bible in his hand
He talked about honor and things I should know
Then he staggered a little as he went out the door

Ok. Here goes.

"happiness will someday bite
from eating sunbeams in the night
crunch it chew it spit it out
strip the flesh and suck it out
between the teetch of envy plain
come bits of cosmos fire and rain"

Geenh said:
Ok. Here goes.

"happiness will someday bite
from eating sunbeams in the night
crunch it chew it spit it out
strip the flesh and suck it out
between the teetch of envy plain
come bits of cosmos fire and rain"
Geenh, perhaps a clue may help. :)

Bastard Son by George (no something... obviously found at a dodgy location! Haha!)

George is an Australian band and they are absolutely fantastic! Have a listen if you can.

You're up Monkey Catcher.

Yeah, I guess I just buy the CDs and not try to hear online. If I wnat to hear a band, I order it into a shop to listen to it on their headphones. If I hate it, I walk away.

Geenh said:
Bastard Son by George (no something... obviously found at a dodgy location! Haha!)

George is an Australian band and they are absolutely fantastic! Have a listen if you can.

You're up Monkey Catcher.
Your go Monkey catcher. ;)

Sorry about the delay, I got an esay one to make up for it:

Lovely Is The Feelin' Now
Fever, Temperatures Risin' Now
Power (Ah Power) Is The Force The Vow
That Makes It Happen It Asks No Questions Why (Ooh)
So Get Closer (Closer Now)
To My Body Now Just Love Me
'Til You Don't Know How (Ooh)

Back