• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help finding book: 1 legged man & magic top hat

intelliQ

kickbox
I thought the name was The Magic Hat, but web searches are bringing up books with that name that arent what Im looking for.

It was an illustrated hard cover children's book about a gentleman with a peg leg who finds a black top hat flying through the air and puts it on.

I remember highlights like:
He saves a burning baby carriage
He gets a better wooden leg with a wheel on the end of it.
He's driving around in a convertable car with a girl in it.

I think his fortune changes when he puts on the hat, but Im not sure.
The hat has a purple band around the bottom of it?

This is driving me crazy, google isnt much of a help on this one.
The book must have been written at least before 1976 becaue I think that was when I had it, my mother probably got it from a garage sale or something, lol.

Thank you.
Van

Is it this one:

awww.bookhive.org_images_covers_magichat.jpg

Description:
Strange things happen when a magic hat is blown into town and sails from one person's head to another. A sleeping man turns into a dancing bear, a fruit seller into a big baboon and a grumpy old man into a silly frog. This beautifully illustrated story with a catchy rhyming scheme will keep young minds interested as they try to guess what the hat will do next. Delightfully playful and fun to read.

Maybe the peg-legged man was one of the people?

That's all I could find, really.

Cheers, Martin :D

Back