• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help searching for a book

Umair Shariff

Hi everyone

I read this book about 8 to 10 months ago and was not able finish it and I have been searching for the book for quite sometime now and have come up empty handed

Here are some parts of the book I am aware of. Please note that these are concepts only and not exact extracts from the book

Story is about two sisters (princesses) living in a time of distress among two nations. The elder sister is obedient and has been taught in the royal ways for she is to be married to the king of the rival nation. The younger sister is curious and a complete opposite of the elder sister

The king loves the eldest daughter so he send the younger daughter away to be married to the king of the rival nation

The elder sister goes after the younger sister to try and save her

The king of the rival nation is a god of the highest order. A lot of gods are mentioned in the story, none of whom resemble the gods of mythology

A peculiarity of the gods - they deny all requests that come from their subjects, because if they grant a wish, the one who fulfilled the wish will die

Gods stay alive by consuming colors from their subjects. Everyone week one subject offers their colour up for a god. This does not hurt the people

The gods have all their wishes fulfilled by their priests

The king god is mute because his tongue was cut off by his priests

The youngest sister and the king god are to have sex and produce an heir but the king god is unaware on what sex is

King god develops a fondness for the youngest sister and they both talk by writing on a piece of paper

That is all I remember from the time I read the books, if anyone can help me, I will be extremely grateful to them

Back