• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help with book title please

misticknight

when i was younger a teacher of mine used to read me a book about some little creature and marmalade. i wanted to track it down and want to ask if anyone knows about a book with a little creature(kinda like those toys girls play with that have the long pink hair and naked bodies :))and i'm pretty sure there was a boy in it, and that creature used to give him marmalade or something LOL!. my memory of it isnt so good, but if anyone knows any children stories with anything similar plz name them. oh and i dont think its orlando the marmalade cat if anyone is thinking about that.

a little creature(kinda like those toys girls play with that have the long pink hair and naked bodies

Do you mean like a troll? one of those wishnik(sp) trolls?

yes trolls! thats the name i was looking for, i'm not sure if the thing was a troll but it looked like one of them. why do you know the book i mean or were you just curious at what i meant?

misticknight said:
yes trolls! thats the name i was looking for, i'm not sure if the thing was a troll but it looked like one of them. why do you know the book i mean or were you just curious at what i meant?
I was just being pleasant and conversational. I suspect Ronny was as well. Unfortunately I don't know the name of your book. Have you thought of trying to get in touch with that teacher if they are still working at your former school?

yer he still does work in the school, but the problem is he is a casual teacher, and i dont think if someone, after 10 years pops outta nowhere saying, "you used to read me a book about a troll and marmalade, may i plz have the name", is such a good idea. though i will give it a try...it cant hurt.

I don't know of a book but I work at the school library sometimes and I thought I could ask the librarian there next week. I'll let you know if I come up with anything :)

I asked about this book this week and she couldn't come up with a match, sorry.

When you talk about bright pink hair I think of the Poochie series of books by Marvin Terban. Poochie was a dog and the books usually had soft felt for her (his?) hair.

adreamfollow.com_lilypad_pictures_poochie.jpg

No idea about marmalade, though. Maybe it was in one of the books?

ah well thanks for asking Ronny, ;) oh and Kristocat, its not paddington Bear or whatever that thing is you put up Kookamaor;) but thanks for the help guys anyways, i think my only chance is to ask the teacher himself. thanks again.

Back