• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Ideas For Literary Festival

Loh Teck Yong

Singapore is having a literary festival next year. It's called #BuySingLit. And there's an open call for programmes (right here: https://buysinglit.sg/buysinglit-2020-open-call/). Interested parties have to submit their proposals by 23rd of this month.

The #BuySingLit festival is looking for programmes that say Singapore literature is engaging, interesting and representative of our cultural identity. The festival also wants to promote the message that Singapore writers and publishers and booksellers have an important role in bringing our stories to all.

Programmes may include but not limited to author talks, workshops, performances, panel discussions, book clubs, pop-up stores, cosplay etc. All programmes must be held in Singapore during one or both of the #BuySingLit weekends.

Now, I face 2 problems. Firstly, I don't have anyone, not one single friend, to assist me so I can't do anything big. An author talk maybe, but nothing like a workshop.

And secondly, my book is a non-fiction memoir about my work as a security guard. Unlike a YA fantasy novel or a children's storybook, there isn't room in a non-fiction memoir for dress-up games or puppet shows.

So I am stumped for ideas about what I can do for a programme. Feel free to share your ideas with me.

Back