• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need some help Guys with my book is it good or bad?

Quittakingmyname

I need to know so I can re-think on what I may be writing about.. Any Feedback Appreciated.

Thanks In Advance Ronald

Into the Unknown World

By: Ronald Mason

Chapter 1

The clock is ticking. It's time to get up but I lay awake listening to screams... What to do?... I'm thinking.
I get out of bed, shake my head clear and grab a weapon. I head to the bathroom to clean up, then I head to the door of my bed room. I go through the door weapon in hand ready to hit what horrors come my way. I look down the darkened hallway expectantly as I hear claws rapping at the door behind me.

I spin around, quicker than a bird diving for food, I bash a kids head in but it was not a kid in fact it was a zombie. I pick its grunt disfigured head wondering who he was, a little to late I think. Bam! Bam! Crash! They must be near the front entrance. I pick up my trowing axe and throw it blindly at the front entrance, then THUMP! THUMP!

I grab my combat knife and my mace and head towards the door. I see the two bodies laying limp... Then I head out the door to whatever is outside waiting. Gunshot. I barely get away in time. Another gunshot. “Relax! I'm on your side.” I yell blindly in the darkness.

I hear a muffled voice it said “Why are you here?”

I said “Its my house and who are you?” Then silence.

“I'm Rex from Shadows do you have any information we may need?” Rex said.

I look at him for a minute then said “What is Shadows?”

Rex looked at me and said “It's a survivor clan, people join to stay alive and get protection when needed were looking for warriors. Will you join and help us?”

“Sure!” I said in the darkness.

We spent the night in my house listening to horrors outside in the night. We bolted the windows and sealed the doors the best we could. Morning already were listening to all kinds of noises, we tried guessing what made them.. I get up and head towards the kitchen then stop, I look to the left then the right. I see something on the floor by the back door where the laundry room is. I walk closer, it moves I step back quietly, I hit a sthingy and it hits the floor like a drum. I finally see what it is, its a zombie running towards me. That's right running and it's FAST I can't out run it I'm screaming in my head.

Whats going to happen to me. I'm thinking while running for my life.. It grabs my left foot and I fall and hit the floor hard. It makes a ruckus like a sledge hammer hitting a tin barrel. Its on top of me, I try fighting him off but nothing seems to work I tire out quickly. Its going in for the bite then BAM! A bullet goes in to the side of the zombies head. Blood gets on my face and clothes, then I look at Rex. He's just leaning against the door frame smiling.

“Whats so fucking funny!” I asked scared out of my wits. He just stands there like nothing happened. I get up go into my bathroom and clean my face. Then I go to my closet and get new clothes.

We gather food, water, weapons, and supplies to go on the long journey to get to the next town. We start off by going through the empty streets by my house. Noise too the left. I spin to the left I see a bag floating on the breeze I jerk my head right but only see Rex. He looks at me with a thin smile so I jerk my head left again and I see a disfigured woman stripped bare coming straight for me. I gripped my mace and swing it as hard as I can it crashes into her head with such force I had to turn my head away from the splatter.

I feel the blood drenched on my shoulder dripping down my arm. I can't do anything now but get out of here when one knows where you are others might too. The zombies will never give up, we start back on the road until we hit the forest line. It's getting dark so we keep going though the forest, I happen to look left and see an old abandoned shack.

“Lets take refugee there.” I said to Rex.

“Sure we can board it up and make it secure.” Rex said. We go in, I happen see some old plywood leaning against the far right wall. We start putting it on the windows and cracks of the shack.

We have to make sure nothing gets in. When that’s done we eat some canned goods from the food we brought with us then make pallets to sleep on. I wake up in a hurry feeling a bite on my right leg. I look and its a tree roach, I look towards Rex and see him struggling with a zombie a thin smile on his pale face.

“I didn't want to wake you.” he said darkly. I look at his arm a bite mark. My face turns white as powder. Then I see a dog with blood on his mouth, must have been a lab, he launches at the zombie missing by an inch and he sinks into Rex's right arm by the other bite. Then I realize it was the dog's bite mark not the zombie's.

I get up and grab a rock, the closest thing near me, and swing it hard at the zombie and I hit it but the zombie gets off of Rex and comes towards me I didn't have enough time to react, it was to late as I thought this I heard SMACK! The zombie falls to my left Rex stands to the right smiling. His face crooked with an evil expression his eyes like a wild flame. He was just standing there, I was scared like I just saw my life flash before my eyes again but it was a different feeling I thought Rex was a goner. We clean up the area and I realized how the zombie got in. I found a hole where the dog dug to get in and it looked bigger than the dog and I realized the zombie dug it.

I didn't expect a zombie to dig a hole to get to us. Zombies are really weird to figure out, what they will do to get to their meal. So we filled the hole back up and made sure the zombies couldn't get back in.

“Shit!” Rex said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I left something out there.” Rex said.

“Well go get it really fast” I said.

“Be quiet and listen for a minute!” Rex said in a harsh tone. I listen closely. CRUNCH! CRUNCH! SMACK!

“HELP” said a voice. It sounded like a little girl, I thought. I get ready to go out but Rex stops me.

“What?” I said.

“Look out of here.” Rex said pointing to a small crack then I see the person smashing into the old shack. It shook the whole shack and I see a stick with a flame on the tip fall from the persons hand.

“SHIT! Run to the other side fast!” I yelled at Rex and he seen what I had seen. The flame was falling for the hay that led to the gas cans four feet away.

BOOM!

I hit my head as I went through the wall of the shack. Rex right beside me bleeding from a wound on his head, unconscious. I got to my feet fast grabbed a pipe near me and swung it hard at a zombies head. I see the person on the other side laying down fighting off a zombie, the dog right there helping. I can't leave Rex unattended so I grab him and my mace while I drag Rex with my left hand, mace in right hand and walk towards the other person ready to hit anyone or anything that messes with me.

**Flash*Back**

Three years before the outbreak. “ Hello I'm Ronald R. Russell I'm looking for a job here and EA Games to be a game designer.” I said.

“Hello Ronald I'm President of EA Games Mike Donald” Mike said. “I've seen your resume and honestly your resume is perfect but you have to start off small like the rest of us alright?” Mike said.

“Sure, as long as I become a game designer.” I said.

“ Well this meeting is over, Welcome to EA Games Ronald!” Mike said.

Two years before the breakout. I finally became the greatest game designer. My favorite game I made this year was based off the books by Darren Shan which was The Demonata Series. The game name was The Demonata: The power of Bec. The second game that I made this year was.. (Trying to remember) was based off the books by Darren Shan which was The Cirque Du Freak series the game was The Life of Darren Shan as a Vampire. The game took exactly five months strait to beat it with different shifts of workers nonstop. Long game it cost $182.

Rex was an ex-military personnel, an ex-scientist, and a congress commissioner. He was making a cure to the AIDS Virus but the cure killed the people then mutated them, then they began to walk the earth known as The Living Dead aka Zombies. They kept the zombies at bay in underground bunkers for three years until it got out of hand. It spread like wild fire.

The break out started in Russia They tossed the zombies in lakes near the bunkers. The zombies somehow walked out of the lakes to near towns and villages killing thousands. By the time the government of Russia took action it spread further into the continent. The next to breakout was Germany and Italy. By then it was too late, The United States of America Stepped in and started bombing the continent.

Soldiers came back home to The United States with bite marks on there arm's, leg's, neck's, and other places on their bodies. Then it broke out in The
United States faster than it did in Russia, they could not contain it in time....

**End**Flash**Back**

I get to the other person and notice it is a little girl so I swing my mace hard and hit the zombie in the side of its head. I help the girl up, “Whats your name?” I asked.

“My name is Raven.” Raven said out of breath.

“How old are you Raven?” I asked.

“I'm ten.” Raven said.

“What are you doing way out here by your self?” I asked.

“Trying to find my mommy.” Raven said. I poured water on Rex's face and he woke up screaming. “What happened?” Rex said. “I'll explain it later.” I said. We get up and start moving through the rubbish gathering our stuff. We have survived the night but also gained a new comrade a ten year old girl named Raven.

The last two days have been really crazy but we'll survive more or less hopefully. Now we start off again going through the wreckage trying to see what was left of the madness. “So what had happened back there?” Rex said to me. Raven explained everything but I helped her out on some of the stuff she wasn’t there for. “I got it now.” Rex said in my ear, “But what is she doing.” He said quietly.

We start of by leaving the shack and heading for the military base about a weeks hike or longer from here. “Rex what are we going to do next?” I whispered. Rex whispers back “I don't really know but what was she doing earlier?” I whispered “I'm not sure I thought she was cleaning off but not really sure as you see she is hiding under all the cloths, what do you think is happening?”

“I don't know Ronald, I seriously don't know.” Rex said. “Well we need to ask her when she wakes up OK.” I said. “Good idea!” Rex said. We wake up Raven and we start heading towards the military base. “Hey Raven why do you hide in all those cloths day in and day out?” Rex said. “Umm. What do you mean Rex?” Raven said. “Well you hide from the sun in all those cloths. What are you Raven?” I said. “Don't hurt me or anything but I'm a Vampire.” Raven said shyly.

“Oh wow. That is I don't have words for it I really don't.” Rex said. “Wait just wait a second did you really say your a Vampire?” I asked. “Yes I did Ronald whats wrong with being a Vampire?” Raven said. “So if you take off the cloths you would die or something like that?” I asked. “No no its not like that at all it just hurts me real bad water doesn't hurt me at all and I love garlic it taste really good just to let you know.” Raven said. “So how old are you Raven?” Rex asked. “I'm three thousand six hundred and fifty years old.” Raven said. “I'm one hundred thousand years old or around there so that isn't anything.” I said.

“Holy SHIT! What the **** we've been travailing with an old ass man and a old ass woman but damn your hot though.” Rex said. “Um Vampires aren't that bad Rex my Wife is a vampire and I'm part Vampire part Warewolf and Human.” I said. “What! When were you going to tell me this Ronald?” Rex asked. “I don't know man I really don't know, her name is Erica Mason. We're really good people Rex we are not monsters like they make us out to be I swear it!” I said. “Alright I'll think about it but right now we need to go” Rex said.

Back