• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need your advise to Chinese reader

andygong

Hi erverybody, Im new in this forum. I like here very much.

I am building an english fiction website in order to collect some good book to Chinese english learner. As you know in china most of the pepole have no credit card, sometimes we can not buy the a book even it's 1 USD, the time of shipping is another matter at the same time. So, I want to find some websites like www.independentbook.com that can provide free ebook to download.

There are many website that can provide the book before 1923 in these days. but the most of the novel like that require you have a good knowlege of the culture & history to western contry.

What is your surggestion to our chinese reader?

If the book is still in copyright, making it freely availble to download as an ebook would probably be illegal.

Andy,

Since you mention websites containing pre-1923 works, you are probably familiar with this already, but just in case you are not, the Project Gutenberg site may be of interest:
http://www.gutenberg.net/
It contains free downloads of many significant works.

Regards,

Back