• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Authors

Vick

I just picked up a book by a new author and absolutely love it. I have re-read some of my favorites and the classics, but felt it was time to start reading some fresh stories.

My new favorite, is a little known local author who I met on a flight, she has a real page turner, I stayed up well past midnight unable to put her book down and can't wait to devote more time to finish this tear-jerker...

Anyone else have some suggestions on new, great reads, getting tired of the commercially hyped up books that have little substance. This one is so well written compared to what the big box retailers think is quality literature.

Vick

ps. the book I spoke about is I Prefer the Sunrise, new author AnnaRae Aberle

Not sure I understand...yes I wrote this post. If you mean did I write the book, no. I started this thread to get some suggestions about new authors, like the one I am currently reading. I see you are reading Finnegan's Wake, having read my library and the classics over and over, I am looking for recommendations on contemporary writers. Would love to hear from others with good reads.

Hi Vick: Don't know what kind of books you like but I've read a number of Luanne Rice's books, they have been in a beach type setting, and I've really enjoyed them although I usually like mysteries, thrillers, detective stories etc. Haven't read any of Nora Roberts but she seems to be very popular judging by the best sellers she produces. Hope you enjoy the forum. flowers:

Not sure I understand...yes I wrote this post. If you mean did I write the book, no. I started this thread to get some suggestions about new authors, like the one I am currently reading. I see you are reading Finnegan's Wake, having read my library and the classics over and over, I am looking for recommendations on contemporary writers. Would love to hear from others with good reads.

Your overly enthusiastic review led me to think you wrote it yourself. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to advertise their book like that. Hence I am suspicious of this type of posts. I could be wrong.

The Wake is a slow process, reading other books on the side as well as a reader's guide so as to understand the more obscure passages in the book.

Thanks to the Kindle, I'll try I Prefer the Sunrise by Anna Rae Aberle.
Sounds uplifting. :flowers:

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually like human drama, a good story that is based on real events, less so intrigue and such. Nicholas Sparks also has been some good titles for me.

I have read a few Nora Roberts, but thanks for the recommendation. I don't know that she still falls into new author category, but a good reminder to check out if she has anything new for me!

Thanks!!:flowers:

Hi Peder - hope you enjoy it too. Share any other new authors you happen upon in reciprocation! Thanks :)

It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to advertise their book like that. Hence I am suspicious of this type of posts.

That's quite unfortunate to learn, but no, I remain firmly on the other side of the coin...maybe one day I could produce my own story - but my life just isn't that entertaining or interesting.:lol:

I did come across a new title that my Mom read and suggests too, If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I will post my feedback on it after I complete it this weekend! Interesting premise a woman who has been in a car accident has to decide if she will stay alive or go along with her family members who were killed in the wreck. I have another box of tissues for this one....

Hi Peder - hope you enjoy it too. Share any other new authors you happen upon in reciprocation! Thanks :)

re: I Prefer the Sunrise by Anna Rae Aberle.

So far, about half-way through, I am enjoying it very much. Picked it up for my Kindle, so I read it on and off whenever I have waiting time somewhere. Very nicely written by a chatty narrator, and telling an interesting story. It has all the elements of romance, but they are not overdone and the characters and plot are entirely plausible. That was a good suggestion. Thanks.
:flowers:

I'm always checking out ebooks by relatively unknown authors. Most of them aren't too bad, but some are real shockers! I've yet to read one that is what I would call 'riveting' but when I do I'll post it! I enjoy seeing new authors succeed and beating the publishers ;)

I've been browsing the Kindle Singles and finding worthwhile reading on topics I am interested in:
The Hunt for Bin Laden - interesting overview
The Heart of Haiku - biography of Basho with examples of his haiku
The Dead Women of Juarez - a different view of the matter. Believable.

plus three recommended here:
Eden Found - good guys/bad guys. Surprising ending
I Prefer the Sunrise - enjoyable romance
If I Stay - a little slow

and miscellaneous other works, greater or lesser known, by more or less conventional or established authors.

Variable quality. All worth reading. Definitely worth the searching. And looking at samples is easy, and free.

Back