• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New book I recently picked up

KJarrell

While at the local grocery tonight I was browsing the bargin book pile and came across the book School Days by Robert B. Parker

As anyone read it? if so would you recommend reading it?

I haven't read that particular book by Parker, but the couple of his that I have read (Double Deuce & The Godwulf Manuscript) were pretty good. In his best moments, he reminded me a lot of Rex Stout.
However, I have heard around that his books are very uneven, and that some of the later ones, especially, weren't very good.

Having said all that, why not read it, anyway? The worst that could happen is that it won't be very good.

Lush Life

The most recent book I purchased is RICHARD PRICE'S -- LUSH LIFE

I have read him before and l look forward to entering this very long literary mystery.

May I just say about Parker:
I personally don't read him anymore. After seeing him in person at a literary conference I heard him show contempt for his readers and his cavalier attitude toward his work.
I also found him to be a poor writer.

Back