• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

new defence against the dark arts teacher

Hmmm...

Its possible, Snape has been angling for the post, as we know, since the first book, but it might be for this reason that he does not get it. finally, if snape is to become the defense against the dark arts teacher then there is a vacant position (potions) and somehow i dont think that its the defense against the dark arts Snape is interested in... In short; you never know.

I wonder if Dumbledore doesn't have a reason for not putting him in that position. It could be that he's simply the best postion professor available; it's suppose to be a hard skill to master.

The students need the best DADA teacher and the best potions professor with Voldemort on the loose. It going to be interesting to see who fills the position next season, especially with Harry's chosen profession

I think it would be awesome if the real Moody got the position, even though it will probably never happen. I think Dumbledore has a reason for not letting Snape teach Defense Against the Dark Arts. I think he'd only let Snape do it if there was no other choice.

If dumbledore would only let snape be dada teacher in dire circumstances or if he had no choice then why was he not picked in order of phoenix so umbridge didnt get post. i guess there were would be more applicants for potions teacher than dada

Good point, but maybe Dumbledore distrusts Snape with the position even more than he does Umbrige.

Btw, nice avatar.

Dermotjpr said:
If dumbledore would only let snape be dada teacher in dire circumstances or if he had no choice then why was he not picked in order of phoenix so umbridge didnt get post. i guess there were would be more applicants for potions teacher than dada

I may have to go back and check, but I don't think Dumbledore saw that (Umbridge) coming.

K-Dawn said:
Good point, but maybe Dumbledore distrusts Snape with the position even more than he does Umbrige.

Btw, nice avatar.

Dumbledore trusts Snape for reasons JK hasn't revealed. I believe that's something we're suppose to learn in one of the last two books.

Robert said:
The students need the best DADA teacher and the best potions professor with Voldemort on the loose. It going to be interesting to see who fills the position next season, especially with Harry's chosen profession

I refer to this point. Snape is the best potions teacher there is really, despite being a tad evil, so there would be little point replacing him with a different teacher, but you could be right Dermot, there could be an exception in dire circumstances. Finally, I wouldnt trust that greasy little weasle with the dark arts :D

Robert said:
I may have to go back and check, but I don't think Dumbledore saw that (Umbridge) coming.
Umbridge was appointed by the Ministry - Dumbledore had no say in the matter.

Fistandantilus said:
Its possible, Snape has been angling for the post, as we know, since the first book, but it might be for this reason that he does not get it. finally, if snape is to become the defense against the dark arts teacher then there is a vacant position (potions) and somehow i dont think that its the defense against the dark arts Snape is interested in... In short; you never know.
It could possibly be that Dumbledore doesn't want to expose him to the dark arts any more than he has to. Even though you have stated that it may not be defence that he is interested in I seriously doubt he is going to teach the dark arts to the students. Am I the only one who thinks Snape is a good guy :confused:

Also, how hard is it to become a Master? I don't think any of the other teachers are Masters (though I may be mistaken). Surely he is best suited to potions.

A niggling voice at the back of my mind thinks there has been something by means of an explanation as to why Snape has never been Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher. Unfortunately, it's now that long since I read any HP books that I can't remember, but I'm almost positive it was explained. *runs off to dig out Order of the Phoenix*

K-Dawn said:

Btw, nice avatar.

Thanx for the compliment K-Dawn it is a cool avatar

Dermotjpr said:
we have never been told why snape never got dada job but JK promises to tell all in her next book(HBP)

Must merely be my psychic abilities creeping through again then. Seriously though, I must have read it in an interview with JK Rowling somewhere then. I think it may have been on Mugglenet.com

Thanks for that, I've been searching around trying to remember where I'd seen it in the first place - you've saved me from being kept awake all night now. *hugs* (especially if you do look like Aragorn :p)

Yahooligan_Stephanie asks: Is Hogwarts ever going to get a defence against the dark arts teacher who lasts for more than one book?jkrowling_bn: erm...... maybe
jkrowling_bn: don't want to give too much away there!

This was from the World Book Day interview in 2004.

This would suggest that either Lupin or Moody (the real one this time) will teach Yr 6 or 7, or that the same person will be appointed to teach both those years - ie. Dumbledore himself or Snape.

Back