• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New game: title/author word association

Ell

Here's how it goes:

Start with a title of book and its author.

Next person names a book that has something to do with the title, author, subject matter. It might be a play on words, one of the words in the title, same subject, another book by the author, . . . lots of possibilities.

Example:
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Next: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Next: Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
etc., etc.

So I'll go on with "Boys from Brazil" by Ira Levin

Err... 'I, Lucifer', by Glenn Duncan.

I'll explain. Hornby ---> Lucifer has horns (or is this too far-fetched?).

Cheers, Martin :D

Tek War by William Shatner

hahahahahaha

ps didn't Phillip K. Dick write Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

'War And Peace' by Leo Tolstoy

(And yes, Philip K. Dick did write 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', but that doesn't influence the game.)

The Diary of Samuel Pepys

By the way, Crime and Punishment would have been pretty appropriate to follow Tek War don't you think.

'Diary: a Novel' by Chuck Palahniuk.

Can somebody explain the link between 'Crime and Punishment' by Fyodor Dostoevsky and 'Pamela' by Samuel Richardson. Or am I missing something extremely obvious here?!

Thanks Martin :) Im afraid that this thread requires lateral thinking to a large degree, and that just makes my head hurt :p

Phil

You know what helps? Slamming your head down on the table, preferebly the edge, three of four times. Remove your keyboard first, of course. You wouldn't want to damage anything expensive, right?

's true!

In the book of Dostoevski crime is punished, and of Richardson virtue is rewarded.
Love it! (the clue, that is, not the book) :D

To follow "The Diary: a Novel" by Chuck Palahniuk

Memoirs of a Geisha by Aurthur Golden

Back