• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Girl =)

dollymixture

:) hey everyone, good to be here, i was looking for somewhere to talk about books and i guess I came to the right place :) I'm a sixth form student from Cambridge, England, and I'm studying English Literature, along with Psychology, Sociology, and Music.
Anyway, nice to meet you all :cool:

Steph x

English Literature, along with Psychology, Sociology, and Music.
Busy girl!

Welcome to our cosy little corner of the InterWeb. Grab a chair, and there's all kinds of drinks in the fridge.

Let's talk books.

Cheers

Welcome, dollymixture (or do you prefer Steph?) Do you read just English Lit, or is it just a convenient wrapper to hide your pulp romances? :D :eek:

Cathy
Many penguins are Cambridge alumni

welcome!!!

enjoyed cambridge while i was there visiting. for a day. it was for a wedding and i didn't even manage to see anything of interest. except for the 2 bars we visited. and the weather was nice.

ds

Ou Be Low hoo said:
What books are you studying?

Oh...and "HELLO".
I'm studying Pride and Prejudice and Othello at the moment, and I'm enjoying the former so much! I read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen for my GCSE coursework, and I didn't really enjoy it very much, so I'm suprised and pleased that I'm enjoying Pride and Prejudice :)

Cathy C said:
Welcome, dollymixture (or do you prefer Steph?) Do you read just English Lit, or is it just a convenient wrapper to hide your pulp romances? :D :eek:

Cathy
Many penguins are Cambridge alumni
Heh, Yeah you can call me steph, I read all sorts of different things...lol...pulp romances :p

dollymixture said:
I'm studying Othello at the moment

In the course of this year it is my prediction that you will write a number of essays dealing with this question:

'How does Iago manipulate Othello?'

You will most probably use this quote more than once:

Iago: "I am not what I am"

If you're lucky you'll probably get to use this one:

Iago: "O, beware, my lord of jealousy; It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."

However, you are unlikely to use this one considering the rather cautious nature of English A-Levels...

Iago: "I am one, sir, who comes to tell you your daughter and the Moor are making the beast with two backs."

As you were...

Welcome to the book forum! :) I had to read Mansfield Park by Austen for O level, which really put me off, but many years later I read Pride and Prejudice and was surprised to quite enjoy it!

Back