• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Neal Stephenson (kinda): The Mongoliad: Book One

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
The Mongoliad: Book One comes out April 24.

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51VB4jsfUcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In the late nineteenth century a mysterious group of English martial arts aficionados provided Sir Richard F. Burton, well-known expert on exotic languages and historical swordsmanship, a collection of long-lost manuscripts to translate. Burton’s work was subsequently misplaced, only to be discovered by a team of amateur archaeologists in the ruins of a mansion in Treiste. From Burton's translations and the original source material, the epic tale of The Mongoliad was recreated. The story chronicles the journey of a small band of warriors and mystics as they fight to save Europe from the Mongol invasion of the thirteenth century. It also exposes the secret workings of powerful clandestine societies that have been driving world events for millennia. This fascinating and enthralling first novel in The Mongoliad trilogy fuses historical events with a gripping fictional narrative. Co-written by Neal Stephenson, Greg Bear, E. D. deBirmingham, Mark Teppo, Joseph Brassey, Erik Bear, and Cooper Moo, The Mongoliad: Book One is an unforgettable epic.

Even though it's only co-written by him, I'll still check it out as the story sounds interesting enough and Stephenson has not disappointed me lately.

Yes, I preordered.

Holy hell. Stephenson AND Greg Bear? Collaboration of the Titans, that is.

I think I am up to 3 preorders now. Or maybe this one makes four, I can't remember. Damned books just show up on the Kindle long after I have forgotten my ordering them.

Freaking Amazon...

Oh, you know that link is for the paperback version, right?

They are really milking it, there are several backstory novellas out there as well. The Kindle version came with one of them as a foreword. I read another at last weekend's dance competition hell and enjoyed it.

Prime borrow is enabled for them, which is cool.

Historical European Martial Arts. The whole inspiration for the books.

I haven't even received it yet. :(

You done yet?

lulz

I had no idea such a thing existed. Now you must go and find me a good Turkic wife. I'll provide the horse but she must make her own bow. :)

I thought you were going to buy the electronic version. I will finish it this afternoon during the dance competition.

I changed my mind and decided to just get the dead tree version. It should show up tomorrow.

Oh, and I ordered all of the Foreworld SideQuest stories. I rather like the idea behind that.

Back