• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New paperback book size?

Lady Reader

I wasn't able to find anything already posted about this, so sorry if it's a duplicate...

But has anyone noticed the odd sizing of newly released paperbacks? They're the same width and depth as a regular mass market paperback, but like an inch or so taller. I'm not seeing them for all mass market paperback releases and I don't know if they're all from the same publisher, but it's really annoying. Not only do they cost $2 more than a regular mm paperback, but they're taller, so they disrupt the nice flow of my shelves. Is this the new trend?

I've seen these at my local grocery store. Like you, I don't care for the overall appearance of them, and the extra cost makes me appreciate the public library all the more.

Haven't really, but my library has every size and shape imaginable already, I think. The tops have never lined up. :sad:

This.

My book tops never line up.

I know how that goes. I have two shelves full of books that line up. One shelf of Louis L'Amour and the other of Zane Grey. Everything else looks a little like the skyline from any major city.

Haven't been those around for quite some time ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I've got some of these on my shelf since like forever.

Haven't been those around for quite some time ? Correct me if I'm wrong but I've got some of these on my shelf since like forever.

I don't know. I know that of the mass market paperbacks I do have, they're all the same size. The only paperbacks not that size are all trade paperbacks.

I hate to say it, but I thought you people were a little off your rockers when I saw this thread pop up a couple of days ago. However, I too saw these at my local grocery store this afternoon. My 3 1/2 year old son was acting up so I didn't get a chance to actually pick up one of the books and look at them, but they are as described. I think they look weird.

Maybe they have more the shape of cereal boxes? :innocent:
We don't have no books in no grocery stores where I come frum.

OK, I got a chance to flip through one. It seems that there is more space between lines, therefore making it easy to read/follow (a guess on my part).

Also, saw a few of these "bad boys" in a Borders Express earlier today, so it's just not grocery stores carrying them.

I've seen them. I don't like that they cost more either. I bet they are actually saving paper by making them. Still, so long as you aren't buying grocery store shelf novels, books are the best bang for your buck when it comes to amount of entertainment per dollar.

Back