• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New story

Nightshade

I'm working on a new story, hopefully a bit shorter than the others I was working on. It takes place in sorta modern time, but it's always night. The book takes place in two different point of views, switching back and forth between each chapter. It switches from mortal(human) to undead(vampire).

Does anyone know if thats been done before? I'm thinking about calling it either "Eternal Night" or "Life Among A Thousand Corpses". I like them both, but i think if my parents saw the second one they'd send me straight to therapy. lol. Anyone have any input or suggestions?

Perhaps you could create more suspense if you were to see how the vampiric point of view were to cope with the daylight?

re:

Maybe. But the night way causes suspense for the humans, since its a risk to go outside at all. I've just started on the fourth chapter. It's kinda short. I hope it gets past short story

I've written several books where I use various POV's. In "Heku" it was very effective, because it was based on three different POV's. In "After the Old Gods" there were four, and it worked very well. In a murder mystery that was never published, it didn't work at all, because the POV's were too obvious to need the device.

The trouble is to see one thing from several angles without making them too much the same, thus redundantly repeating yourself over and over again time after time. (So I have a weird sense of humor.) You have to also avoid stating the obvious. The reader will end up thinking, "Well, DUH!"

re:

There arent many main chracters besides the two I'm using as narrators. Using this method there oviously cant be too much mystery about their pasts, so I just tell it straight out. So far i havent really repeated myself in the seperate characters. They're very very different so that hard to do. Plus its cool how you see the one chracter think, and then how different they appear to the other character. Wow, that made no sense. lol

Back